Ballon d'or 2019 - Bernardo and Mahrez in top 10

It would be Messi of course. Though, I'd feel shit to not being able to pick the other one too as he is one in many moons to cover that important position.

But for award, I'm looking at bigger picture as I think van Diyk transformed Liverpool from an almost team to one that was 2nd best in the world last year. For that alone, he was my MVP of last year as he was the biggest influence in outcome of some high-end football competitions last year.
Thats the reason attackers have always won the highest awards. Because they are the most likely to change the outcome of a game. Messi's 51 goals in 50 games is crazy. As an individual award, it's hard to top that even though Van Dijk was good too.

Yes, I did. And yes, he was fucking amazing at his prime. But I'm not sure he ever had a season where he barely made a mistake. Van Diyk had one last year. He was almost faultless. I've seen many more great CB's for 30+ years and as I said, I'm not sure I've ever witnessed such a good season from a CB. They guy was close to perfection last year. Nowhere close this season, though still world class, but last year he was crazy good.
Just how much time did you spend watching him? vinnie shit on him last year hence the domestic treble,dick is not playing well this season,they are not keeping clean sheets and aren't the best defence anymore,might be a one season wonder,dipper media hype is what he was about,2/3 def mids in front of him at all times,not a great footballer but a decent defender

Thats the reason attackers have always won the highest awards. Because they are the most likely to change the outcome of a game. Messi's 51 goals in 50 games is crazy. As an individual award, it's hard to top that even though Van Dijk was good too.

Their goal is nothing more important than defender or goalkeeper saving the one. Their goal won't change an outcome if defenders don't stop one on other side. It's just perception and what marketing has forced on us. For me personally, each position on the pitch is of same importance, the only difference is how good players are doing at it.

I've heard once (from one football manager) a phrase - a perfect match will always finish 0:0. Without mistakes, there are no goals. Faultless matches and performances by each player will see striker being always closed down and cut down of having a chance to score a goal. So, defender, midfielder, goalkeeper.. they're all equally important in winning football matches. Less mistakes they make and how good they are in punishing mistakes on any part of the pitch is what makes them good. Messi is damn good in punishing mistakes by opposition defences, but van Diyk is damn good in not making mistakes and punishing mistakes by attackers of opposition teams too. Both win matches.

Last edited:
Their goal is nothing more important than defender or goalkeeper saving the one. Their goal won't change an outcome if defenders don't stop one on other side. It's just perception and what marketing has forced on us. For me personally, each position on the pitch is of same importance, the only difference is how good players are doing at it.

I've heard once (from one football manager) a phrase - a perfect match will always finish 0:0. Without mistakes, there are no goals. Faultless matches and performances by each player will see striker being always closed down and cut down of having a chance to score a goal. So, defender, midfielder, goalkeeper.. they're all equally important in winning football matches. Less mistakes they make and how good they are in punishing mistakes on any part of the pitch is what makes them good. Messi is damn good in punishing mistakes by opposition defences, but van Diyk is damn good in not making mistakes and punishing mistakes by attackers of opposition teams too. Both win matches.
PUWjFr6.gif

Travesty that the worlds greatest ever defender and best player ever who has never ever been dribbled past and has a 99.9% clean sheet ratio didn't win - pipped to the post by a diminutive Argentinian upstart .......ohhhhhh the British press will show their indignation now.......the Liverpool Echo will have a front page bordered in black tomorrow.

Yes, I did. And yes, he was fucking amazing at his prime. But I'm not sure he ever had a season where he barely made a mistake. Van Diyk had one last year. He was almost faultless. I've seen many more great CB's for 30+ years and as I said, I'm not sure I've ever witnessed such a good season from a CB. They guy was close to perfection last year. Nowhere close this season, though still world class, but last year he was crazy good.

Oh do f@*k off with your grovelling, its fuckin embarrassing ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.