Things your missus does that drive you to despair

Just out of curiosity does your wife ever call you a "moaning bastard"?

I've never objected to being called by the noun in that phrase, and the world is full of canutes about whom I incessantly moan, but Mrs Ewing is not one to use invective! She might think it, but she hasn't ever verbalised it!

Despite being a disciple of Martyn Lewis and advocates taking advantage of every discount available has a face like a smacked arse when I suggest she takes advantage of the Amazon prime free trial letter she got the other day so I can watch the match.

She’s a dipper for starters but by far the most annoying thing is agreeing to things e.g. giving the thumbs up for buying something then moaning like fuck once it’s delivered or paid for

Loads, but two things spring to mind.

We try to show restraint to each other. I did something quite reasonable recently. She disagreed and said "You're an idiot". I objected to this and demanded she retracted the insult and apologised. She acceded and said "OK, I'm sorry I called you an idiot. You're stupid". I mean, what sorry of apology is that?

Generally, she never apologises for anything, and I mean anything. She is always right. The only other occasion I can recall her apologising to me was at 4:30am one day, and she had just insulted me for something extremely trivial. We were sitting in the car, and I was taking her and the two young kids (at that point) to Manchester Airport for a trip to see her childhood friend who lived in Canada. Muggings here was starting at home to go to work, to pay for the trip. I sat in the car and said we were going nowhere until she apologised to me. Realising there wasn't enough time to get a taxi, she reluctantly apologised.

The other is her habit of buying absolute tat. We were in a shop yesterday, and amongst the Christmas decorations was a toilet roll, with a Brussels sprouts design. It "only" cost £5. That is literally money straight down the drain. I refused, no matter how much fun it would be.

Loads, but two things spring to mind.

Generally, she never apologises for anything, and I mean anything. She is always right.

The other is her habit of buying absolute tat. We were in a shop yesterday, and amongst the Christmas decorations was a toilet roll, with a Brussels sprouts design. It "only" cost £5. That is literally money straight down the drain. I refused, no matter how much fun it would be.

These, and the second one only gets worse as she gets older, I live in fucking B&M

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.