Anyone else think we have missed Danilo

His performance at Newcastle away last year ended his career at City - I think Mendy did the same on Saturday.

Their performances were as bad as David Silva’s at Newcastle on Saturday so it’s a bit daft to end a City career based on one poor game. Obviously, David was back to his best at Burnley and is a club legend.

We have missed Danilo a bit early in the season but now Cancelo has settle in we will be fine. The squad has lost a bit of balance with two players who were powerful in the air (Kompany and Danilo) either not being replaced or being replaced by much smaller guys. I think they was a factor with the equaliser at Newcastle when we were just focused on a potential cross.

I wouldn't say we have missed him, it is hard to miss someone who was a bit-part player. What I would say is that we have hardly seen a massive improvement in the right-back position by doing this deal. Cancelo might come good and we see the value in doing the deal but at this moment in time, I still firmly believe that keeping Danilo and using the cash on replacing Kompany would have been the better choice.

He was just a 6/10 most weeks which is fine to fill in here and there but never really put pressure on Walker to get the best out of him.

Not even really thought about him.

Walker, apart from playing Pukki onside and that one performance where he was shocking when he was taken off when he had a virus (was it Wolves?), has had a consistent season so far. He’s one of the only ones.

Cancelo doesn’t quite have Danilo’s impact going forward but he looks an alright second choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.