Anyone else think we have missed Danilo

Not even really thought about him.

Walker, apart from playing Pukki onside and that one performance where he was shocking when he was taken off when he had a virus (was it Wolves?), has had a consistent season so far. He’s one of the only ones.

Cancelo doesn’t quite have Danilo’s impact going forward but he looks an alright second choice.

Cancelo doesn’t quite have Danilo’s impact going forward but he looks an alright second choice.[/QUOTE] ...Not quite sure if your serious!

We've not missed him but on current showing I wouldn't have rushed him out the door to buy Cancelo

Some very disrespectful comment here towards a man who was far and away our best fullback for large portions of the last 2 seasons. You remember, those seasons where we won everything?

Some very disrespectful comment here towards a man who was far and away our best fullback for large portions of the last 2 seasons. You remember, those seasons where we won everything?

Decent squad player but he only played 11 PL games last season!!

I am a bit concerned about Cancelo though, so far he's looked very ordinary.

Decent squad player but he only played 11 PL games last season!!

I am a bit concerned about Cancelo though, so far he's looked very ordinary.

23 apps the Centurion season.
Seasons where Mendy has been wank/injured, Walker has had dips and troughs, Zin was bedding in...Danilo played on both sides and had been used in midfield IIRC?

23 apps the Centurion season.
Seasons where Mendy has been wank/injured, Walker has had dips and troughs, Zin was bedding in...Danilo played on both sides and had been used in midfield IIRC?
He’s on a print I have of our Centurions team at left back:
il_fullxfull.2016347097_g2qz.jpg

Wouldn’t say we’ve missed him, but he could have been useful. Would it have made any impact on our season so far? Unlikely. If he wanted out as suggested then there’s little we could have done.

I said in the summer, Danilo’s issue wasn’t his ability it was that he wasn’t as quick as walker and we was asking an incredibly attacking fullback to play an unfamiliar role that goes against his strengths. I questioned whether that would be different with his replacement and so far you have to say no. Cancelo isn’t as quick as walker which means walker still gets the nod in most games and he’s not asked to play as an attacking fullback which is very clearly his natural game.

Given the fullbacks at our disposal and the lack of pace further up the pitch in wide areas I’m surprised Pep hasn’t changed the midfield and gone to his Barcelona days of overlapping fullbacks providing the width, the forwards playing more inside and dropping one of the 8’s back slightly to give them the space to operate and provide a more solid base we’ve got the players to make it work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.