LeagueCup SF - Man Utd - away allocation of only 3000 (p30)

So, because of a handful of idiots, 6000 City fans are going to miss out on a derby ticket at Old Trafford.

What did United do when Bellamy was struck by an object at United?
What did United do when United fans threw numerous objects at City fans from the quadrant over looking the K Stand top tier after the previous League Cup semi-final?
What did United do when a City coach full of City fans got bottled as it passed the Bishops Blaize?

Why don’t you blame the PL, the TV companies, and both clubs for agreeing to a Saturday night, 5.30pm kick off?
Why don’t you blame GMP for not stopping that time?
Why don’t you blame the club for allowing home tickets to filter on to ticket resale websites, so United fans could buy them?

Don’t just blame City fans.

Nobody can legislate for a handful of idiots in a crowd of 55,000. And because of that, 6000 City fans ‘who have done nothing wrong’ won’t now get a derby ticket if the rumour is true?

I agree about the late kick off and I also agree it’s not fair on the 6000 who miss out.

The problem is the clubs and police aren’t willing to take the risk and that’s up to them. The reason there is a risk is because of the handful of idiots that cause trouble and therefore that’s who I’m blaming.

I’m not sure Utd fans in the crowd caused a fair few of our fans to throw missiles onto the pitch?

I’m absolutely convinced had the Derby, the other week, escaped without any crowd trouble/racism, we’d have had the full allocation.

Have we had a cup match since the Bellamy incident? Have we had one since the bus got bottled?

As I say, the clubs and police wouldn’t have agreed this if people behave themselves.

Are you going to blame the idiot fans at all or just the authorities?

Wow, can’t blame city at all.
Blame the monkey man and the lighter throwers at the last derby. If these incidents had not occurred then at least 10k more fans would be attending both legs.

I agree about the late kick off and I also agree it’s not fair on the 6000 who miss out.

The problem is the clubs and police aren’t willing to take the risk and that’s up to them. The reason there is a risk is because of the handful of idiots that cause trouble and therefore that’s who I’m blaming.

I’m not sure Utd fans in the crowd caused a fair few of our fans to throw missiles onto the pitch?

I’m absolutely convinced had the Derby, the other week, escaped without any crowd trouble/racism, we’d have had the full allocation.

Have we had a cup match since the Bellamy incident? Have we had one since the bus got bottled?

As I say, the clubs and police wouldn’t have agreed this if people behave themselves.

Are you going to blame the idiot fans at all or just the authorities?

We’ve had them in the cups twice since then. Home and away (lost both, Vinnie sent off at home and Peps first cup game away). Think away fans had the bigger allocation both times, could be wrong though

We’ve had them in the cups twice since then. Home and away (lost both, Vinnie sent off at home and Peps first cup game away). Think away fans had the bigger allocation both times, could be wrong though
No you are right

far too many people on here without a backbone willing to ‘take it on the chin’ ‘have a stiff upper lip’ because a handful of idiots caused trouble at the last game.

what a way to go, punish everyone for the misdemeanours of the few

just imagine if you were flying on holiday and some jackass misbehaves on the plane and the captain lands and throws everyone off, wonder would they be so sanguine then

No you are right

far too many people on here without a backbone willing to ‘take it on the chin’ ‘have a stiff upper lip’ because a handful of idiots caused trouble at the last game.

what a way to go, punish everyone for the misdemeanours of the few

just imagine if you were flying on holiday and some jackass misbehaves on the plane and the captain lands and throws everyone off, wonder would they be so sanguine then
Dead right, the slow death of football. The game should be boycotted by both sets of fans, pathetic.

Last edited:
While it does mean some blues will miss out on the away game, won't it also mean that more blues will be able to attend the home game?

I reckon this is one of the few Cup games the rags can sell out so they were happy to see reduced away allocations. Hopefully, Blues will fill the Etihad for the 2nd leg so let’s hope City make the prices affordable for a wider range of our fanbase.

It's a joke and the two clubs need to look at themselves over this.
I can't usually get tickets for me and my son cos he's not got enough points, so at least we had the opportunity to go to the away leg of the semi. Then this happens.
No doubt I'll get the #Bringthenoise emails rolling in for the home semi

Fucking bullshit, why on earth have both clubs given in to this reduced allocation. Is it just because of what happened a couple of weeks ago at the Etihad, which on a crowd trouble scale wasn't even a 1 out of 10. Both clubs have shit themselves here big time, just a normal game now, the excitement of 9000 blues at the sty is nothing now.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.