VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

Looks like the media have given up looking at VAR Match of the day could have looked at loads of incidents last night in the post match discussion section and just did not

It'll be interesting to see if there is a raise in attendance for Championship games next season - the highest level of football available without VAR.
Me and my sons decided last night to do the 92 (is it even that number anymore??) grounds instead of going to City. We've done all the Prem ground bar Brighton (we'll do a league cup no VAR game or friendly for that one) so wont have to watch any ruined/fixed games. Such a massive shame in a way, but I can't watch this shit - especially at the game live anymore - so this is the best solution we could come up with so that we could keep up a hobby that we can still do together

For the second incident Mahrez wasn't even offside, the lines shown he was on, no arms or fingernails or boot laces was off yet they give it. They thought he handballed it, he never. Digne looked like he fouled him. For the free kick to be given offside was abysmal .
Then we only had 2 minutes time added on.
Second half I didn't see any major incidents, no VAR checks I don't think, 4 minutes added on. From where?
Funny when the score is close it's more minutes. You just know if it was 3-0 it's 1 minute added on.

It all stinks, it's as plain as day, how these pricks at the FA and pigmol think nobody can see through the corruption baffles me.

Unless you're a Liverpool fan you don't celebrate a goal going in as you know it'll get the microscope treatment.

Looks like the media have given up looking at VAR Match of the day could have looked at loads of incidents last night in the post match discussion section and just did not

They will have been asked to and have obliged.

Will change if a team in red is on the end of a bad decision.

VAR is a clear work-in-progress. Mistakes/delays/controversy will occur - to date, we have had VAR mostly rule against us, but very recently decisions have gone our way. The process and replays are at least transparent. Which is to say, following VAR review it's going to be 50-50 on average when the on-field result is overturned as to which team benefits. I've no belief whatsoever that the decisions are biased.

What troubles me is the time delay between an offsides/foul and the VAR result coming through.

For example, when offsides occurs, however slightly, linesmen are told to not hold up their flag - sometimes a goal is scored - jubilation from the scoring side's fans occurs - how great! And then, a so-called "terrible" VAR decision, showing offside occurs and the goal is disallowed.

It's even worse in the case of a possible penalty not called on the field - sometimes the game carries on, and on, and on, and perhaps the attackers (who should have been awarded a penalty) subsequently score without the penalty being called. Now, VAR determines that prior to the score, a penalty actually occurred. What happens then? I think that the goal following the penalty is cancelled and the play is brought back to the prior incident where the VAR-spotted infraction occurred. This is horrible, if my interpretation of what would transpire given current rules occurs.

I'm in favor of VAR... but VAR decisions need to happen much, much more quickly, otherwise post-foul controversy will occur.

Last edited:
snide? I was just surprised, if you start a thread to sell your season card spitting your dummy out, it is then a shock to see them complaining about a match going fans experience. Getting sick of your sniping so feel free to message me ten men.
Odd that you should mention a thread about spitting a dummy out that happened four months before you joined the forum.

Or that you didn’t respond to my explanation, not that I need to give you one.

Did the PL issue a statement to Sky Sports, and those with TV rights to tone down their responses to VAR?

Gallagher saying everyone wants it to be 100 % accurate, no they don't that's how its getting rigged by moving lines to suit the agenda
Still cant believe the first goal was disallowed,normal play it looked perfect ,then var and they are all nodding heads and saying it was obvious ,was it fook

I was thinking about VAR when Jesus scored the first. Here's a scenario that could or probably has happened, almost, definitely maybe.

VAR reviews a foul in the box (a penalty decision is needed), play goes down the other end. A goal is scored. VAR must review the foul and the goal. It finds both are incorrect, but as it is doing so the team that had been fouled in the box scores a legit goal. Immediately from the restart the opposition score a goal, also legit. Fans go mad, the crowds go mad and all hell breaks loose. Even LiVApool fans think the game is bent that day.

In all seriousness VAR really heats people up. Seen some placid blokes go ape-sh!t bonkers this season...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.