VAR impact and consequence log - game 27

They will have been asked to and have obliged.

Will change if a team in red is on the end of a bad decision.
The media attitude to VAR changed during the last international break. Before the break they were very vociferous, after the break they backed off as though someone's had a word.

For the second incident Mahrez wasn't even offside, the lines shown he was on, no arms or fingernails or boot laces was off yet they give it. They thought he handballed it, he never. Digne looked like he fouled him. For the free kick to be given offside was abysmal .
Then we only had 2 minutes time added on.
Second half I didn't see any major incidents, no VAR checks I don't think, 4 minutes added on. From where?
Funny when the score is close it's more minutes. You just know if it was 3-0 it's 1 minute added on.

It all stinks, it's as plain as day, how these pricks at the FA and pigmol think nobody can see through the corruption baffles me.

Unless you're a Liverpool fan you don't celebrate a goal going in as you know it'll get the microscope treatment.
For the Mahrez one there were two checks.
1st to see if he was onside or off. It proved he was onside.
So then it was looked at to see if the resulting challenge in the box was a penalty or not. It wasn't given.
I assume the ball went out of play after the challenge - so Everton were awarded a goal kick????

I was thinking about VAR when Jesus scored the first. Here's a scenario that could or probably has happened, almost, definitely maybe.

VAR reviews a foul in the box (a penalty decision is needed), play goes down the other end. A goal is scored. VAR must review the foul and the goal. It finds both are incorrect, but as it is doing so the team that had been fouled in the box scores a legit goal. Immediately from the restart the opposition score a goal, also legit. Fans go mad, the crowds go mad and all hell breaks loose. Even LiVApool fans think the game is bent that day.

In all seriousness VAR really heats people up. Seen some placid blokes go ape-sh!t bonkers this season...
How does the first legit goal get scored if they are reviewing the foul and first goal (that will get chalked off), play won't have restarted? Or have I misunderstood?

So then it was looked at to see if the resulting challenge in the box was a penalty or not. It wasn't given.
I assume the ball went out of play after the challenge - so Everton were awarded a goal kick????
No they give the free kick as offside, mariner had his hand up and gave the free kick as offside, play resumed with an Everton free kick where mahrez was 'offside'.
He was on by at least half a finger.

The "referee" signalled offside which is what I thought odd. Surely if the offside call was incorrect and the subsequent foul was not given then it should be a dropped ball or something. Signalling offside suggested the offside call was correct, which it wasn't. What a mess.

The media attitude to VAR changed during the last international break. Before the break they were very vociferous, after the break they backed off as though someone's had a word.

They all have to survive economically off the game so its in their interests to follow the same path.

I tell you who must bloody love VAR ....Mr personality himself Dermot Gallagher! Must be making a mint, he’s everywhere

The "referee" signalled offside which is what I thought odd. Surely if the offside call was incorrect and the subsequent foul was not given then it should be a dropped ball or something. Signalling offside suggested the offside call was correct, which it wasn't. What a mess.
Yes because if he was initially offside then there would be no need to review the penalty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.