Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like an excellent centerback...until he doesn’t. He excels at the parts of the job Pep values most (stepping into midfield, reading passes in front, being aggressive, being available for the pass, moving the ball well) but (understandably) struggles with the parts that require significant experience in the role. Not his fault at all but certainly not helping us achieve any kind of solidity at the back

Love Dinho but he is not a CB. His height means we are at a significant disadvantage on corners that keep punishing us. I am starting to think Pep is demonstrating to our board that our current back line is abysmal without Laporte, and that we should have signed slabhead.

Looks like an excellent centerback...until he doesn’t. He excels at the parts of the job Pep values most (stepping into midfield, reading passes in front, being aggressive, being available for the pass, moving the ball well) but (understandably) struggles with the parts that require significant experience in the role. Not his fault at all but certainly not helping us achieve any kind of solidity at the back
The previous seasons we had a phenomenal high press and he would look like a world beater under those circumstances. (As would Rodri in his previous position BTW.)
He would be able to maximize his strenghts and compensate his (few) weaknesses at CB to a much greater extent.
I don't quite understand why Walker is used LESS as a counter deterrent than previous seasons either, given what we are struggling with.
He would often slot in as a hybrid third CB against teams with pace.

I think this game summed up his strengths and weaknesses. In the first half, when we were more on the back foot and he had to be like a more conventional CB, he was a bit below par. Not poor by any stretch, and he still had his moments of quality, but he had more bad moments than he'd have liked.
In the second, particularly after we scored and we took control of the game, he really began to shine. Once he had a bit more room to attack and time to read things he really took control, rolling back the years.

He’s a fucking rock this lad. They tried to bully us last night and Laporte and Fern said “I don’t fucking think so you Yorkshire bastards!”

Give him a ten year contract extension, he’ll still be the fittest player in the team at 44!

Is he banned for Fulham?
Trying all night to get booked and eventually succeeded.
Consummate professional and quietly become a City legend.

Is he banned for Fulham?

Nah, cut-off date for 5 yellows after 19 PL matches.
He would miss 2 matches though if he would get his 10th (cut-off after 32 matchdays).

Is he banned for Fulham?

His first foul was arguably a booking itself.

His second was innocuous.

And his third, when he did receive the yellow, was hardly even a foul.

Just goes to show his quality he reads the game superbly, tackles, covers, organizes, what a great signing he’s been. Their aren't many better then Fernandinho at his role. Over 200 games and counting ledgend.

Love Dinho but he is not a CB. His height means we are at a significant disadvantage on corners that keep punishing us. I am starting to think Pep is demonstrating to our board that our current back line is abysmal without Laporte, and that we should have signed slabhead.
A number of raggies over at the caff say old Slabhead is having a poor season.

Not sure how much that’s down to him and how much to team-mates. However, I’m OK that we didn’t pay £80m plus silly wages for his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.