Sheff Utd post match thread

Maybe he has, but the Premier League and Champions League continue not to use VAR for keeper encroachment on penalties.
Whether they are applying the rules or not is a separate issue.

There's quite a few examples of PGMOL not applying the rules correctly.

Just an observation. Reviewing the match day thread last night, the level of player abuse is staggering and disgusting. Raheem and Gabriel might as well be war criminals, the level of vitriolic abusive shit that was being thrown at them. These are our players, they make mistakes, they have patches of bad form, it happens, always has and always will. Spoiled fucking brats doesn’t come close. I appreciate at the home games the ground is too quiet, but sooner that than if all the moaning miserable cunnts on here turned up. Unfuckingbelievable

Yea posted support of Sterling which was a mistake !

Whether they are applying the rules or not is a separate issue.

There's quite a few examples of PGMOL not applying the rules correctly.

That’s another debating point. All I was suggesting is that VAR isn’t being used for keeper encroachment, as it isn’t. Whether that is right or wrong doesn’t change how they are applying the law this season.

Could Kyle Walker be nominated goalkeeper temporarily for the ensuing action if the penalty was missed andthe ball went back in play?
Probably been answered but any player on the field can swap with the goalie but this must be advised to the referee, be during stopped play and the players must swap shirts. I'm guessing the referee might object on the grounds of time wasting or gamesmanship and prevent the players swapping back after the penalty.

It honestly was like VAR was switched off. Didn’t notice it check anything. Must have checked the pen and the goal but very low profile.
Palace away and Burnley away were the same.
I wondered whether it was actually being used.
Decisions seem to go to var more often and with more scrutiny when the bigger teams come along.

Low profile is how I think it should be but get the decisions correct.
The Laporte incident is opinion and that’s always contentious. Red card is what every blue would say, me included.

The penalty isn’t opinion. The keeper was off his line before Jesus played the ball. The rule is clear on this.
It was shown on the big screen to rub salt in the wound and was as clear as day.
Sorry turned into a rant at the people who run var.

Just seen another part of Chris Wilder post match interview this morning. Numerous times he mentioned 'Manchester City spending close to a billion pounds and Sheffield United not really spending anything', He said with that in mind they wanted to be physical in the game, The game has changed and they are used to playing Championship teams he also went on to say regarding the penalty Premier League players go down easy.

Is that lad smoking something?
It was a blatant penalty! Just because one team spends more than the opposition doesn't give you the right to put challenges in like they did last night. It's not our fault that they are a bunch of championship cloggers punching above their weight.
Crazy how City are always the ones that get lambasted over cynical fouls, Yet last night their was numerous on us and not mentioned once.
Pep payed him a lot of respect and he sends his players out to cripple our players,it was clear the plan was to take out eric,the ****s congratulated their player,****s trick to do that to a fellow pro back after 5 mths out,utter scum

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.