Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

No quotes to suggest any of it is true, the truth is though he does change it far too much too often. You could pick Liverpool’s back 5 every week. That’s why they are solid and consistent. I appreciate we’ve had injuries but when you have centre mids at centre half, when you have got defenders to pick from then you’re opening yourself up to criticism. It has also downplayed just what a miss Fernandinho playing midfield has been.

He tries to reinvent the wheel too much, have your strongest team and play them. Choose your strongest full back and play them every week. We have still played well and dominated games because we have great players, consistency and momentum are what’s needed and if you don’t let the players get momentum you are starting again every time. Dropping Mahrez in the form of his life whilst playing Sterling is the best example of that.

i can see it now ? the weakest player in the squad is sent to knock on pep's door and when he says come in, he just puts the paper with all the names on it under the door and run like fuck

About time too.

Players aren't going to be at their best playing in a new position every week - that's just a basic rule of football. And I have never seen a team change formation every single week as much as we have this season. It hasn't improved us in the slightest: it's made us a lot worse.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our normal 4-3-3 formation: the problem has been the selection of players in attacking positions who don't want to shoot/are not very good in front of goal i.e. Gundogan or an out-of-form Sterling.

There's also been a problem defensively in terms of missing Fernandinho as a centre-mid who normally wins the ball back fast and stops these counter-attacks.

Hopefully, we'll go back to our winning blueprint in time for the Champions League otherwise we've got no chance, especially if we play the kind of formation we played against United.

Something I’ve thought about is Otamendi and Stones being our main CB’s in a 4-3-3 system in our highest (and the league’s up to now) points total.

I know both are a bit of a liability but have they regressed so much in 2 years?

Maybe a period of them two in defence and Fernandinho back into midfielder will help? With Rodri getting up to speed with the league.

Just a thought.

I also think Sane must come straight back in and start games again.

Mahrez was refusing to pass to KDB every single time he made the reverse run in behind.

The pass would have seen us with KDB crossing from a small distance right across their 6 yard box and time and time again he refused to go give it to KDB.

I've noticed that too and KDB would have been in an ideal position to flash one of his crosses across the penalty area - probably to Sterling coming in from the left at the back post. I think Mahrez has been in good form but he cuts in on his left foot too much for me - needs to mix it up a bit or spot the runner/give and go opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.