West Ham match postponed - confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks as though the decision is very close to being taken out of my hands here. River near our house is about 2 inches away from bursting its banks. If it does I'm not getting out of our village let alone into Manchester!

Do you want me to post the met office forecast for the game time again?

At the time of the game, and when it finishes the weather is forecast to be nothing exceptional. Be rational, and not hysterical. The Met Office have published the forecasts
I’ve got Dark Sky recognised as the most accurate weather app and it’s winds of 23mph with gust up to 49mph by 8:00pm it’s 22 and 43 that can not be described as “nothing exceptional” I’m not being hysterical I’m considering those fans who have to travel far I’m coming from Cheadle so I don’t see a great issue

Anyone who watched the rugby at Murrayfield yesterday will see why the game should be called off in wind like this.

Fucking awful as a spectacle, a complete lottery of a game and god forbid we end up losing this place will be in full meltdown demanding to know why it wasn't called off.

The above pales into insignificance when we start to talk about the safety of 55K fans trying to get to the game in such shit and dangerous weather.

Anyone who watched the rugby at Murrayfield yesterday will see why the game should be called off in wind like this.

Fucking awful as a spectacle, a complete lottery of a game and god forbid we end up losing this place will be in full meltdown demanding to know why it wasn't called off.

The above pales into insignificance when we start to talk about the safety of 55K fans trying to get to the game in such shit and dangerous weather.

Marvin says it's fine so.

Look at the forecast for Manchester at 4.30pm to 6pm.

Those conditions are nothing unusual and the pitch is surrounded by a stadium. It will be good for football. It's not been played on Aberystwyth beach in the teeth of a strorm, it's being played in amodern stadium when the storm will have passed.
The MEN site says winds of around 45 mph at 4pm for Manchester. If that's true there will be flying debris around the stadium and any event would be cancelled. There are also six flood warnings for Greater Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.