Dave Watson has neurodegenerative disease

Desperately sad news. The guy was a colossus in central defence with Mike. I was in the Platt Lane for that Ipswich game, right in line with Dave when he connected with that header. It was "hit" harder than some guys could shoot.

very sad news and hope he can stay strong and fight it all the way just like in his playing days

big note about heading the ball
the old school footballs was like a brick and when wet it was a brick with mortar ? so we will be running into more and more cases of this, the bad news its to late for them

but modern style balls are much better even when its wet also football styles have changed and its more about passing and keeping the ball, not like back then when it was lump it up to the center forwards and heading was a big part of the game, sadly the more cases we end up with the game will be judged on passed styles and balls and not the modern game and balls

Very sad news.

"Big" Dave Watson is among my all-time favourite players.

I even had the privilege to meet him once before a game.

My thoughts and best wishes are with you and your family.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.