Dave Watson has neurodegenerative disease

Absolutely terrible news. Hopefully the FA will undertake some wide ranging research to determine players safety under modern playing conditions and put the necessary safeguards in place. Should never be a consequence of playing the game you love.

Awful news on an horrendous day. God bless you Dave, what a top player you were. Sending positive vibes for your future.

One of my fave players, was gutted when he left for Germany.
Sad to hear about his health problems, all the best Sire

Missed this amidst the drama of yesterday. Sad news, and seemingly further evidence of football related CTE. Too young to have seen him play, but know how highly he was regarded by older Blues. Dealing with my own father’s dementia, his family has my utmost sympathy. It’s a truly awful disease.

Only Vinny can mount an argument against the proposition that Dave Watson was the best centre-half in the history of MCFC. Dave was a colossus. Scroll down here for Andy Gary's view of his toughest opponent: https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2015/06/24/villan-on-the-spot-andy-gray-qa

He joined the club in the season when I first went to Maine Road, and he was my first City idol. I met him once, as well. My mum's best friend from her school days was his GP, and he took my autograph book into training one day before handing it back in person. He was a lovely man, as well, exceptionally gracious to what must have been an annoying kid.

Sad news. Best wishes to Big Dave. Great leader and fantastic player that I was able to see.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.