Booing the Champions League Anthem

That banner just sums up UEFA to a tea. UEFA has now nothing to do with football any more. It is now just about pampering to the clubs like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester UTD, and them thugs at the end of the M62. What ever they want UEFA does. I just hope that this just ends up in court, and we bankrupt the full UEFA board.

I can't help but think that football has become a corrupt farce. (Maybe it always was, but in a less obvious way?) The PL and UEFA want the Rags and Scousepool (and their ilk in other countries) to be top dogs because that brings in the most dosh. In their eyes City (and indeed almost all teams) exist purely so these top dogs have someone to play against. We are not supposed/allowed to supplant them. (It's OK if we beat them occasionally, and even win the odd tin cup, but we mustn't get above ourselves.)

If that is the reality, is it worth bothering? The game ends up just like that wrestling shit that used to be on TV. A pathetic, staged event that is not really a competition at all. It's just like the Scottish league writ large. Why waste your time and money on such a charade?

I can't help but think that football has become a corrupt farce. (Maybe it always was, but in a less obvious way?) The PL and UEFA want the Rags and Scousepool (and their ilk in other countries) to be top dogs because that brings in the most dosh. In their eyes City (and indeed almost all teams) exist purely so these top dogs have someone to play against. We are not supposed/allowed to supplant them. (It's OK if we beat them occasionally, and even win the odd tin cup, but we mustn't get above ourselves.)

If that is the reality, is it worth bothering? The game ends up just like that wrestling shit that used to be on TV. A pathetic, staged event that is not really a competition at all. It's just like the Scottish league writ large. Why waste your time and money on such a charade?

Did you not suss that out whilst united won it every fucking year ? I had that argument with my dad and my brother (rags) every year. They weren't winning it because Ferguson was a managerial genius or the club is in any way special, they won it because it was arranged that way, cynically and deliberately money begetting money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.