COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
90231682_3164151723629809_8492935465744203776_n-1.jpg

Apologies if someone already posted this.
Bollocks!

Can anyone clarify the policy on essential workers who’s children are eligible to go back to school?

My wife is classed as an essential work but I’m not. Our school is saying that unless BOTH parents are classed as essential workers then our daughter is not eligible to go back to school. However other schools in our area are saying it only needs to be ONE parent (out of two) who needs to be classed as an essential work for their child to be allowed back to school.

Our school isn’t alone in having this “both” parents policy, but it seems wrong because I earn a lot more that my wife and I can continue to work from home, but this school policy means my wife will have to stay home to look after our daughter and not be able to work where she is desperately needed.

Anyone else affected by this?

You’ve made the most of it since :)
To be fair, I had forgotten I had quoted it once before. Still, it illustrates the point. Just over 3 weeks ago, I - one of the most alarmist on here probably - casually went for pub lunch without giving it a care in the world. How things have changed in only 3 weeks.

And unrelated, this self isolation lark is all well and good but my Mum is 85 and lives alone in Poynton, 200 miles from me. I've got an online shop coming for her on Tuesday (for which she will probably not get half the things ordered) and after that there are no delivery slots available from any of the supermarkets, nothing. It's not a question of slots being weeks off, there simply are none. WTF is someone supposed to do??? I had thought this shopping madness would calm down in a week or so, but it seems to have got worse. We got an online shop delivered last night and most of the essentials were absent. No milk, no bread. No substitutions, just nothing.

The daytime TV thing is an interesting point. I was working from home yesterday and the missus put channel 5 on in the background for a bit. There was some unbelievable arsehole talk radio presenter on a panel that was obviously on just for his ludicrously right wing Trumpian like views talking absolute shit about the coronavirus. I’m guessing this is typical of daytime TV and gullible people who have preconceived ideas will latch on to bollocks like this to reinforce their own idiotic opinions. At times like this where it’s important to get accurate information across, producers should really think twice about using shock jock techniques to create controversy.

I should point out that channel 5 didn’t stay on very long.

spoke to my lad about this, as his generation’s views are being shaped by social media platforms unlike my generation and although a lot can be learned from SM, the ratio of bullshit, scamsters, trolls and down right weirdos heavily outweighs the more credible information/news on there.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I’ve said to them you can’t live real life experiences through an electronic device, I mean they even bloody watch other people playing on the PS on YouTube, I mean the WTF! I was lucky to go traveling around the world for 18 months when younger backpacking, my lads will do it in 18 minutes online when they’re older.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.