COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got a copy of the letter sent to the 1.5m most vulnerable?
My 80 year old mother in law is one of them but it’s not easy getting information from her regarding the letter over the phone. Obviously the main thing is to stay indoors for 12 weeks but I would like to read the letter in full.

I feel like the thread has gone back in time 2 weeks. Flu comparisons are still alive and kicking? If someone has the data for how many seasonal flu deaths there’d be during a national lockdown for much of a 12 month period (or longer), with social distancing in operation then make the comparison. People are stating how many flu kills in normal life with normal, free movement of people and normal, close interactions. It’s so far removed from the world as it is today.
It's like comparing apples and oranges, the situations are world's apart in the way they're being dealt with, with flu it's crack on as normal, with cv19 we are involved in unprecedented measures such as lock down and its still spreading like wildfire

Gonna get to that point between Christmas & New Year where you struggle to remember what day you’re on.

Today’s Saturday, going to be absolutely no different to previous 5 days for me.
And cloudy skies mean I've lost one pastime, planespotting with flight radar. One yesterday from Cincinnati to Leipzig - I could see the contrail until it was 60 miles away. Oh, and Airbus were still flying Belugas in and out of Broughton.

Is there enough room on the ground to store all the non-flying long haul planes seeing there's normally at least 10,000 planes in the air at any one time?

You've found a contradiction I agree.

There are different publications quoting wildly different figures for deaths attributed to 'flu epidemics yet both reference PHE.

I think the difference is because most flu‐related deaths are likely not due directly to influenza virus infection but due to secondary bacterial infection or worsening of underlying chronic health conditions, such as chronic heart or lung disease. These are the vulnerable patients we are shielding now.

In a normal 'flu season, these deaths might well get attributed to something else. Covid19 is taking these vulnerable patients out before their time, just like 'flu so I think that's why you can get two different sets of data from the same source quoting wildly different figures.
Agreed Marvin but at the same time it's irrelevant. It's patently obvious that this is many, many times worse than flu. It's much more infectious and many multiples times as deadly and we have no natural resistance to it whatsoever.

Without these draconian measures it would wreak havoc and mayhem across the whole nation and devastate the NHS. Arguably it is anyway.

Comparing it to unreliable flu figures is not helpful. In fact it's unhelpful if it leads people to not take this as seriously as we all MUST.

Gonna get to that point between Christmas & New Year where you struggle to remember what day you’re on.

Today’s Saturday, going to be absolutely no different to previous 5 days for me.
Not even looking to see who we should have been playing?

No, me neither.

It's literally not open to interpretation. She had a heart attack. that's it.

The person at the morgue heard she had a cough so wrote down coronavirus as a cause. No one in her family reported she had any signs of coronavirus except a mild cough before that. She hadn't been I'll with coronavirus.
Don't disagree Dom, in a way looking at it from your point of view that the overlap between the certain cause of death between say two illnesses is extremely large yet can be only certain in some situations (you mention one such case).

Do they report death of an elderly person as heart attack brought on by CV or CV brought on by vulnerability to having heart attack.

Had to really think what day it was without checking, Saturday fuck me. Oh and clocks go forward. 5 o’clock is all I’m bothered about, alcohol time.

8th day of self isolation and I began to lose track of days about 3 days ago ! no structure to life at the minute

"We don't know if people dying are dying from coronavirus or something else...."

Then given the number of people dying we had better start getting worried about what the something else is that's killing them! What an idiot.

He was saying that a lot of the people dying are dying with it, not necessarily purely as a result of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.