COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My stepdaughter who lives in Yorkshire received her letter from the Gov. because she has a low immune system due to existing hospital drug treatment.
Seems she has probably contracted CV (only 29) according to local hospital. They have reserved an isolation bed for her but because she seems to be breathing ok they prefer her to stay in bed at home and they ring her every 2 hours night and day.
She has been told to stop the medication that she self injects that causes low immune system.

NHS really are delivering what was promised in the letter.

Sorry Chippy but we have been told repeatedly that we have no-where reached the peak and therefore these figures announced today unfortunately do not surprise me in the least.Be warned that this increase of 260 ? will be eclipsed time and time again before we hit that summit.
You're looking at this too simplistically mate. Of course we expect the numbers to go up, no-one is questioning that. What you don't seem to be considering (and the point I was making) is how fast are they going up?

Numbers of deaths per day has been multiplying by 10 roughly every 9 or 10 days. That means an average daily increase of 26% per day (assuming 10 days).

The impact of that, if continuing is, clearly awful. It would mean 2,600 people per day dying in 10 days time, based on todays figures. Truly shocking and of course we all hope that the recent measures will soon kick in and the rate slow down so that it is not as bad as this. (Although who knows).

But the figures over the last two days have been terrible. They *should* surprise you and worry you. We went from 115 deaths on Thursday to 181 yesterday. A rise of +57%. I hoped this was a spurious one-off, not to be repeated. Then today we went to +260. An increase of +43% on the already alarming 181. To put it another way, the average daily increase since Thursday has been +50%!

115 + 50% = 173
173 + 50% = 260

That is shockingly bad and MUCH worse than projected.

My mrs uses gloves for the post slits it open and then uses a pair of tweezers to extract the letter.

I feel like I’m on the set of Silent Witness watching a post Mortem. Surreal times!

Why not handle the post, refrain from touching the face, then wash hands?

I know several doctors and nurses on the front line in the UK and the stories they are sharing are very distressing

I know some and their stories are very different. Wards have been emptied and readied but not a mad influx of people. I'm guessing the London hospitals are having a more difficult time than in the North.

There is over 1, billion people in China and under 4,000 deaths from corona virus don’t care how many doors they’ve welded anyone who believes them figures is deluded

I’ve got a policy now of just ignoring any posts where people are comparing data out of China and I feel really sorry for people who keep citing Chinese PR releases about them getting back to normality - beyond gullible

You're looking at this too simplistically mate. Of course we expect the numbers to go up, no-one is questioning that. What you don't seem to be considering (and the point I was making) is how fast are they going up?

Numbers of deaths per day has been multiplying by 10 roughly every 9 or 10 days. That means an average daily increase of 26% per day (assuming 10 days).

The impact of that, if continuing is, clearly awful. It would mean 2,600 people per day dying in 10 days time, based on todays figures. Truly shocking and of course we all hope that the recent measures will soon kick in and the rate slow down so that it is not as bad as this. (Although who knows).

But the figures over the last two days have been terrible. They *should* surprise you and worry you. We went from 115 deaths on Thursday to 181 yesterday. A rise of +57%. I hoped this was a spurious one-off, not to be repeated. Then today we went to +260. An increase of +43% on the already alarming 181. To put it another way, the average daily increase since Thursday has been +50%!

115 + 50% = 173
173 + 50% = 260

That is shockingly bad and MUCH worse than projected.

Drop in the number of cases though which is good (assuming we are doing at least the same number of tests).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.