Holiday advice

Not sure that's quite right, my flight only booking with TUI was covered. I think some are but I don't know the criteria.

Anyway, use a credit card and it doesn't matter. With insurance as well you're then covered for hotel costs if you can't get there or delayed.

Edit, looking at the CAA website, I'm still none the wiser.

Paragraphs 2 & 3 seem to contradict each other, but I've never received tickets when booking online. Just usually confirmation then the ability to check-in and print boarding passes nearer the time.

simple.
Easyjet, Ryan air, Virgin, B.A. booked direct with airline?
Not covered if airline goes bust.
An example being Fly Be. Any future flights were uncovered when they went tits up.
Last paragraph says it.
With TUI if you buy flights, accommodation through them you are covered too.
It’s all here
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...s-customers-their-holidays-will-go-ahead---y/

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck getting the bank to reverse a payment made for flights. Booked through edreams who are not answering calls and promising a call back on chat support which they never follow through on. Holiday to states flights where canceled and only vouchers offered by airline which we don't want. Have recorded all phone calls and text support chat.

Has anyone had any luck getting the bank to reverse a payment made for flights. Booked through edreams who are not answering calls and promising a call back on chat support which they never follow through on. Holiday to states flights where canceled and only vouchers offered by airline which we don't want. Have recorded all phone calls and text support chat.

if it’s a credit card use this section 75 letter template to send to your card company.
https://images2.moneysavingexpert.c...1.1685652464.1587311254-1375314288.1571259836

simple.
Easyjet, Ryan air, Virgin, B.A. booked direct with airline?
Not covered if airline goes bust.
An example being Fly Be. Any future flights were uncovered when they went tits up.
Last paragraph says it.
With TUI if you buy flights, accommodation through them you are covered too.
It’s all here
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...s-customers-their-holidays-will-go-ahead---y/
You mean flights and/or accomodation from TUI? Same as the way Thomas Cook operated.

Similar to Ric. Balance due yesterday for holiday in italy in july. Will lose £400 if I cancel. But they want £1500 balance now. My last day I can be liable for losing just the deposit money is 1st May so I am holding on until then before making the decision. Martin Lewis and others saying pay the balance by credit card and you will get it all back eventually if they make the decision that it's not safe to travel. Two things I'm struggling with: if in the unlikely event that Italy decided that the tourist industry can reopen we have to go no matter how we feel or lose everything. Secondly getting money back doesn't seem as easy as it sounds, do I really want vouchers for next year? And if TUI company goes bust I can imagine although covered it may be sometime before I see the money.

One reason why diy holidays are not a good idea is that flights booked direct with an airline are uninsured if the airline goes bust. ATOL does not cover it and neither does the majority of travel insurance policies.

We had a holiday booked for Turkey last November and booked it through Love holidays
It's booked in three stages and even though you book through Live Holidays they said that the flight was booked directly with the airline. Only the hotel was covered by them
The airline was Thomas Cook!
They went skint in October (I think it was) yet we got all our money refunded, flights and accommodation, from Love Holidays

Not sure what other companies are doing buyer are due to go to Florida in July with virgin and the balance was due last week . They have put a get in touch button on their manage my holiday section of the website and they are calling people to change their holiday to next year

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.