Never meet your heroes.....

Must of been a great experience, Hearns had the best jab ever imo. Met Shannon Briggs before the Frampton v Santa Cruz fight in Brooklyn few yrs ago, really nice bloke had time for everyone.
Was in Vegas for the Calzaghe & Hopkins fight and thought I’d go to the weigh in, couldn’t get near the scene so I had a look around. Some welsh lads were shouting the bloke in front of me on the escalator and when he turned round it was Sylvester Stallone. Had a look round and then seen this giant who happened to be Lennox Lewis!

One more from Me

I Met Colin Bell at the Pompey Home Game in the Championship Winning Season

My Gf at the time and I were on A Corporate Do,

Very Approachable Guy Colin A bit Shy but When asked about a goal he scored v Chelsea he really came out of his Shell

Really good Conversation about it and a very Nice Guy

(Goal in Question v Chelsea 1971 away on the volley,its probably on you tube,He said the strange thing was regarding it they had Practised all week and he couldn't get it right
Certainly got it right after 20 mins in that game)

Jet2 flight last year. Shay Given is queuing up for the loo. Missus gets all excited and tramples all over me to get to him. She then asks him for a selfie he says yes, then she realises she actually doesn't know how to take one! I kid you not. He duly obliges and takes the picture. He was really nice and let on when were getting off.
I had to get Paul McGrath to sign a legal document once, long after he'd left the rags, he kept referring to me by name and was really down to earth. When it come to getting him to swear and then sign the document I said, "Here's someting I never thought i would ask an ex-united player, will you sign this?" meaning the affidavit. He looked at me and asked if I was a City fan. Once he knew he was absolutely brilliant and chatted for a good five minutes about City, it was the Keegan promotion year and he was really complimentary. I truly didn't want to like him, childish really, it was impossible not to. Nice guy.

Two or three seasons back we were travelling from Edinburgh for a match at the Etihad. A group got on the train at Preston and were reminiscing about matches in the past.

The one doing most of the talking was a big blond Scottish guy. He was describing past matches he had played in for City and a goal he once scored. I was trying to work out who he was. His face did look familiar.

I did an online search on my phone to try and sort out who he was based on the snippets I overheard about which clubs he played for. It finally dawned on me who he was.

Colin Hendry. He had one of the most memorable faces in football back around 1995 when he won the title with Blackburn but age had not been kind to him.

Two or three seasons back we were travelling from Edinburgh for a match at the Etihad. A group got on the train at Preston and were reminiscing about matches in the past.

The one doing most of the talking was a big blond Scottish guy. He was describing past matches he had played in for City and a goal he once scored. I was trying to work out who he was. His face did look familiar.

I did an online search on my phone to try and sort out who he was based on the snippets I overheard about which clubs he played for. It finally dawned on me who he was.

Colin Hendry. He had one of the most memorable faces in football back around 1995 when he won the title with Blackburn but age had not been kind to him.

I seem to recall he admitted to having some sort of addiction a few years ago - gambling I think - and it left him broke. Whatever it was it would probably also be related to drink, bearing in mind the era in which he played & that he's a Jock (no offence intended, other Jocks) . If that's true then little wonder the years haven't been kind to him.

His wife died young too, after some cosmetic surgery that went horribly wrong. Loved Colin, a real warrior and I never forgave Reid and Ellis for forcing him out when he was just what we needed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.