Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Just for a bit of balance,MCC have announced that there will be NO refunds if no cricket takes place at Lords this summer. The only chance of a refund is if you can prove you are in dire financial difficulties but only in situations of considerable need.
And it is being reported on the BBC that any chance of cricket being played this summer are increasingly remote.
At least City have promised to give us our money back, once the PL clarify their position,hopefully this weekend.

Just for a bit of balance,MCC have announced that there will be NO refunds if no cricket takes place at Lords this summer. The only chance of a refund is if you can prove you are in dire financial difficulties but only in situations of considerable need.
And it is being reported on the BBC that any chance of cricket being played this summer are increasingly remote.
At least City have promised to give us our money back, once the PL clarify their position,hopefully this weekend.

how can they not refund something that they've taken payment for which is not happening? That's just fraud.

how can they not refund something that they've taken payment for which is not happening? That's just fraud.

Members never get refunds for games that don't go ahead at any club- it seems they have applied this to the whole season. They will try to take the piss as most of their members are well to do and of retirement age, however a lot will be at risk if and when it does come back

Members never get refunds for games that don't go ahead at any club- it seems they have applied this to the whole season. They will try to take the piss as most of their members are well to do and of retirement age, however a lot will be at risk if and when it does come back

yeah, the initial post I replied to wasn't clear it was members, I thought it was referring to all tickets purchased which would have drawn more of my ire.

I was refunded for the extra Madrid tickets I bought within minutes of contacting the Club. I didn’t ask for my Madrid ticket to be refunded because it was several weeks ago and I was hopeful (then) they the game would be rescheduled.

The letter sent out by City was posted on here and most Bluemooners said they had received it. I didn’t myself but I’ve had problems getting the email on my account changed. The Club has promised to refund fans for the missed games once the season has been cancelled as a live spectator event. That seems reasonable to me.

There may be posters who disagree with my view and I welcome that as long as it’s not Blues sat at home on full pay. There are lots of Blues taking a financial hit, of course, and City should refund season card holders as soon as they can. It hasn’t helped that the players have refused to defer a penny in wages, that’s within their rights but won’t help the Club’s cash flow.

@Tim of the Oak I’m not complaining. I was just stating what had happened. I’m sure if I had asked about it the lovely young lady who spoke to me, and whose name I have in the house but I’m sunning myself in the garden and can’t be bothered going back in for, :-) would have sorted it out.
My feeling is that when the time is ready they will sort it for us and I’m not mithering them when they’ve got enough on their plates.

The club through various people have been very good to me in a lot of ways and I’m not going to be worrying for worries sake.

I can understand if people are struggling financially that they need to get it sorted.
All I’m concerned about is that all Bluemooners and everybody connected to City are safe. In fact I just wish that this blooming disease could get sorted and everyone could get back to normal and be safe!
If there are any typos etc put it down to the fact I’ve overdone the work sorting the jungle I call my garden and the screen on my iPhone plus my reactolite on my glasses means I’m typing practically in the dark!! Sorry!! :-)

EDIT: Back in the house now, the young lady's name was Tamsin!!

Last edited:
I'm sure a number of the MCC members will have a passing similarity with the legal system..... My guess is the only way this can fly is for members themselves and the fee is a membership fee not an admission fee, that being said it seems really tacky and I'm sure if a football team tried to pull that it would be hammered in the press....
The situation with season ticket holders at City isn't quite the same(or indeed any football club)we are paying for admission not membership

@Tim of the Oak I’m not complaining. I was just stating what had happened. I’m sure if I had asked about it the lovely young lady who spoke to me, and whose name I have in the house but I’m sunning myself in the garden and can’t be bothered going back in for, :-) would have sorted it out.
My feeling is that when the time is ready they will sort it for us and I’m not mithering them when they’ve got enough on their plates.

The club through various people have been very good to me in a lot of ways and I’m not going to be worrying for worries sake.

I can understand if people are struggling financially that they need to get it sorted.
All I’m concerned about is that all Bluemooners and everybody connected to City are safe. In fact I just wish that this blooming disease could get sorted and everyone could get back to normal and be safe!
If there are any typos etc put it down to the fact I’ve overdone the work sorting the jungle I call my garden and the screen on my iPhone plus my reactolite on my glasses means I’m typing practically in the dark!! Sorry!! :-)

EDIT: Back in the house now, the young lady's name was Tamsin!!

Great stuffs. I’ve split the day between the community garden this morning and I’ve just put a few sheets of wallpaper up. I needed to have a break from the Netflix series and the comfort eating!

Oh and Madrid. Cancel now and you're removed from the scheme but wait and have City or UEFA cancel and points remain. Let's be frank though, the CL is dead in terms of supporters being present. Sit tight.

That was a poor decision by the club and should be reversed now as it is clear there will not be a game against Madrid played in front of fans. That game should be refunded now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.