COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we doing any random testing of the population to get a more accurate figure? We should have enough test kits if we're handing out 100k each day to specific groups, most of whom are already symptomatic or work in areas where they are more likely to be infected.
My understanding from his answer is that the 4% figure was based on random testing for antibodies in the population but I haven't seen it written anywhere.

Schools didn’t even close in Aus. My cousin lives in Brisbane and his kids have been in school throughout all this.

My uncle went out here to see him in March for three weeks and decided to stay out there instead of coming home when the Govt asked people to. He’s still there now.

They’ve only had 97 deaths.

A nice place to be 'stuck'

Maybe. Maybe not. I've toyed with the idea over the years but the money is crap, which is off-putting. The hours are appealing though - circa 1,000 school hours per year vs circa 2,000 for the average 9 to 5:30 job.

I know a few teachers and the 1000 school hours is just a red herring. You may work those hours in school, you then have all the lesson prep, marking etc etc. You can easily double the hours during term time.

Maybe. Maybe not. I've toyed with the idea over the years but the money is crap, which is off-putting. The hours are appealing though - circa 1,000 school hours per year vs circa 2,000 for the average 9 to 5:30 job.

Yeah, if you think it's half the work of a 9-5, you definitely shouldn't, you'd be in for the rudest awakening ever.

Not sure if covered.

Excess deaths updated with week 18's figures.

avarage-Deaths-Week18.png

Certainly for a large amount of people.

I know a few that are loving their family time and look like they’ve been to Spain for three weeks with their back garden tan.

Good for them for making the most of it, but from chatting to them, they’re not over eager to return to work so long as they’re getting paid.
I’m in that bracket, I’m furloughed, on 80% and it’s not being topped up by my employer, however by the time I take away the costs of traveling to Macclesfield every day from North Manchester then I’m hardly any worse off, plus I can’t go out spending at weekend so I’m actually better off.

Anyway the ONS excess deaths are out and to May 1st its 41, 627. Still too many non Covid-19 related deaths (23% of total excess) especially with so many in the dementia category, but it is comming down.
(Remember: MY "Care of the Elderly" med reg daughter says confusion and change of routine is not at all good for dementia mortality - so that number is understandable)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.