Summer Transfers

I honestly think Mendy & Zinchenko cant defend & proven in many games.

Both great with no fwd pressure, both can knock a decent cross in the box although Mendy doesnt have a fucking clue where its ending up.

The ice breaker for me is everytime I watch Mendy eventually controll the ball you just know 5 out of 10 passes will not reach a City player.
Add his fitness to the above then Zinchenko wins imo, to be fair Zinchenko on the ball & passing is much better but we need someone who can get up & down just like Ashley Cole & the twat at Liverpool

Angelino & Zinchenko both have excellent qualities but I dont feel confident when defending our last 3rd

Alaba is a great player somone we should be buying
I'd tend to agree with you. They both aren't good at defending, but if you look at when we played Madrid he chose Mendy because RM is better at keeping the ball then most teams we face so our possession would be less and we'd have to defend more. Mendy was needed more when they tried to put in crosses for Benzema. The reason Pep is so consumed with fullbacks is that they must have so many qualities. They have to be quick, good with the ball and be able to defend. Alaba would be great, but not sure if he wants to come here or not.

Semedo (if cancelo wants out)
Ruben Dias
Pau Torres
Alaba
Auoar
Werner

That would do very nicely! Surely we could use angelino in the Werner deal.

On Braff - from the snipits Ive seen he looks decent but its always difficult to tell if he could make the step up but I guess you never know unless you try. However, will Pep consider this? He is always very cautious with young players (not a criticism) and by the sounds of it Braff aint the type to show patience and will probably "do a Sancho" on us.

Id get rid of Mendy at any price..he is a liability for me

Dont know anything about Isaks -who is he?
Alexander Isak?

Semedo (if cancelo wants out)
Ruben Dias
Pau Torres
Alaba
Auoar
Werner

That would do very nicely! Surely we could use angelino in the Werner deal.
Rather use Angelino to get Upamecano/Konate/Mukiele. Werner doesn't fit our system, he's a counter attack player

I think we're in a really good position to get some great deals over the line without spending much cash - potentially even making some if we're astute.

My ideal summer for ins would be:

Semedo (free - Cancelo going the other way)
Alaba (free - swap with Sane)
Upamecano (£30m+Angelino)
Aouar or Grealish (circa £40/50m)
Steffen - end of loan

Outgoings:

Sane - deal involving Alaba (plus aim for cash on top)
Gundogan - £20/25m
Otamendi - £10/15m
Zinchenko - £15/20m
Silva - end of contract
Bravo - end of contract
All of our regular loanee sales (I.e Harrison, Roberts, Garcia) - £15/20m

I think the Stones argument will rage on. I would sell if we have a serious buy this summer and bring back Adarabioyo personally. If we go buy the above, our CB line up would be:

Laporte - Upamecano
(Alaba) - (Adarabioyo)
(Fern) - (Fern/Garcia)

More than enough depth and quality options across the board whilst also giving two academy players a crack at the whip.

Alaba's signing would be so ideal because he's as excellent at LCB as he is at LB. I just don't see the point in keeping Stones around as a 4th choice (assuming we sign two CB's as has been rumoured).

Use Fernandinho as a back up to Rodri in addition to Doyle in the cup games and sell Gundogan.

Sign a CM to cover the left side - both Aouar and Grealish are versatile left sided players that can either play deep or more advanced - the latter has played more as a LW.

We already have an abundance of forwards and this has partly led to the unrest of Sane in the first place. Give Braff a shot and don't sign another £60m player causing more unrest.

Last edited:
So is Leroy Sané!
Personally I'd like werner, marcos thuram, isak, bailey and raz to be our attacking options by end of next season. Kun will probably leave as will sane. Mahrez I believe will want 1 more big money move after doing 3 years with us. That leaves us with jesus and raheem. The 4 of them arent as yet over £50m players (with exception of werner but he has a release clause) but have potential of being serious world beaters. Pace, power, trickery, aerial power and all the same age roughly so should grow together as mates. 6 players who can all add different skills/attributes across the front 3 positions with a talent like braaf pushing them for game time.

Worst case scenario your looking at £160m over 2 seasons to rebuild your attacking players. All of them will go up in price not down and in theory could last 8/10 years at the club.

Midfield is pretty much sorted with rodri, Kdb, bernado, foden and hopefully doyle. Replace gundogan with someone like aouer (seems like peps 1st choice) and a faster, more athletic dm to replace ferna like ndidi.

Gks are solid if we replace bravo with steffan and let him and ederson fight it out.

Defense is crazy at the min. The only ones with no question marks over their heads are laporte and garcia.
Walker - great player but let himself down recently off the field.
Cancelo - does he want to be here?
Stones - consistency?
Nico - age and very rash.
Mendy - injury prone? Can he get back to what he was?
Angelino - is he a gem? Is he a liability?
Zinchenko - me personally I think he needs to leave. Great lad, great team ethic, etc but he isnt a left back. Could he be the one to rotate with phil and save us money instead of aouer?
Tosin - fuck it, give him a chance, bleeds blue, captained every youth team hes played for us and england. Kids a talent and a fighter. Who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.