La Liga 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if there’s already a La Liga thread set up, couldn’t see one on the first few pages.

Sevilla and Real Betis get the campaign restarted properly tonight, a normally atmospheric encounter (like most derbies) will be shrouded in that awkward training type atmosphere that we’ve seen in the Bundesliga without a crowd, but is a decent game to start with.

Couple of former Blues could be involved, and both holding midfielders, in Fernando (Sevilla) and Javi Garcia (Betis) with the former the more likely to get a start. Oh, and who can forget that fearsome right-back Jesus Navas!

While I’ve watched a fair of Bundesliga I must confess to being more of a La Liga follower and there is still plenty at stake in Spain. Sevilla nestled in third place but nine points behind Madrid in second but only two points separating Sevilla and Atletico Madrid in sixth. Betis have little to play for, out of European qualification reckoning but safe from relegation, still it’s a game that means a massive amount.

Looking forward to seeing a number of players, Nabil Fekir for Betis may head that list. Expected to sign for a bigger club than Betis (with all due respect) when leaving Lyon in the summer, supposedly passed a medical with Liverpool but they then pulled out. Presume he’ll play just behind the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1.

Any interest in La Liga restarting ?

Javi Garcia still getting away with absolute murder?

How he ever made it as a professional footballer is beyond me.

Sounds beautiful! What are your other favourite grounds in Spain?

He sadly didn’t make any impression in that first half.
Try to get to Valencia before they move grounds. So steep (maybe dangerously so). The redevelopments in Bilbao and San Sebastian (Real Sociedad) have been done well and are good places to visit. Seville is a great city too and both grounds feel modern but have retained the traditional design.

I've been to 14/20 in La Liga and a few more in the 2nd tier. To be honest, I can't think of many bad ones. I think the Nou Camp might be my least favourite though. Certainly the most disappointing anyway.

Unimpressive win, overall against Aguirre's Leganes but at least some bright moments from Leo, Fati & Puig

Rugby tackle though, ridiculous

ezgif-2-875f4c71a7a0.gif

Watching Real Madrid v Valencia , Valencia denied an opener by a VAR stinker.
Football as a sporting contest is finished. It’s over.

It wasn’t offside and he didn’t touch it
Apart from that!
valencia never getting that decision at other end

What a goal from Benzema wow. Madrid have looked good last two games. Nothing compared to us tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.