Newcastle (A) Post-Match Thread

Our mental strength this season had been almost non existent
They put the sitter away and it's then 50/50 on which way the game will go
I agree about mental strength. The only reason Liverpool have won the league is because of mental strength and that's why they won the Champs League last season. That said there is no way Newcastle would have won today even if they had scored the sitter.

They didn't manage a single shot on target and only had two attempts so I doubt it.
Had he scored at that point though, nobody knows how the game would have been affected, obviously he was "off target", but they were the better team at that point (however briefly), and because we had spent the entire first half being either very wasteful, or trying to walk the ball into the net, it could have very easily turned to shit, luckily it didn't.

I’m hardly breaking insightful ground here but listen to Tyler on this. His commentary on us is amazing. Even Raz bending a worldy in hardly raises him

would it have been worth 2?
Yes of course it would....

They already had some momentum in the game at that point, and we weren't playing well. An equaliser would have boosted their confidence, and set ours back (ours has been fragile for much of this season - see Norwich away and a few others).

Anyway he missed big time, and we soon scored, to make it game over, but we'd been wasteful in the first half, and it's that sort of scenario that has left us chasing the scousers all season.

Had he scored at that point though, nobody knows how the game would have been affected, obviously he was "off target", but they were the better team at that point (however briefly), and because we had spent the entire first half being either very wasteful, or trying to walk the ball into the net, it could have very easily turned to shit, luckily it didn't.
We should have won by the length of the street, but we didnt. A reoccuring issue with City this season.

We should have won by the length of the street, but we didnt. A reoccuring issue with City this season.
Yes it has, our domination of the first half was ridiculous, but at half time our reward was to be in front because of an act of stupidity from the other team, not because we were great.

I was annoyed that having been so dominant, but we only had a penalty to show for it, its been a common theme all season, that we haven't turned dominance into winning positions, see last Thursday, where we dominated for much of the game, especially in the first half and yet lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.