Speed awareness course

My mum, who was 75 at the time, with an unblemished record, was blinded by the sun and pulled out of her road and was hit. Totally her fault, but thankfully nothing serious.

She had to go on one of these courses up Partington way I think it was.

I told her that after the written examination, they take them onto a carpark and place them into go-karts, where they have to re-enact their error and discuss in detail how she would've done things differently. I also told her they would kit her out in full overalls and helmet.

How I kept a straight face I do not know.

My mum, who was 75 at the time, with an unblemished record, was blinded by the sun and pulled out of her road and was hit. Totally her fault, but thankfully nothing serious.

I told her that after the written examination, they take them onto a carpark and place them into go-karts, where they have to re-enact their error and discuss in detail how she would've done things differently. I also told her they would kit her out in full overalls and helmet.

And Blakey as the instructor

I did a speed awareness course via Zoom last week, with a trainer (or whatever they're known as) called Steve from Wigan, who was a Blue. Ironically I got caught speeding on the way back from the League Cup Final! The course was actually very interesting and does make you consider the importance of keeping your old foot off the gas.
Got to do mine on Zoom tomorrow. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.

Waiting to hear about mine. Do you get options on dates and times?
Ideally I need one to be on a friday afternoon, as I get out of work early then, so I don't have to take a day off.
Can't be arsed with one on a weekend either.

Got to do mine on Zoom tomorrow. Can’t say I’m looking forward to it.
i had one on Zoom a couple of months ago
The good news is that it'll only be a couple of hours. I believe it's twice as long in a classroom plus you'd have to get there and back
Go in with an open mind. There is some very useful advice given if you're willing to listen. I've changed my driving habits, especially in 30 and 40 zones

I'll also be interested to know if the bloke running it is on Anglesey

1605732998037.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.