Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Akés jumping reminds me a bit of... Ronaldo? I’d like to see more stats about his jumping. Off to google.

Mendy is the established LB and I have strong doubts Pep would sell him now. Buying another established LB would mean a primary competition between Mendy and the new guy. The club is still out for Laportes partner. And Laporte staying injury-free a whole season, where do you see Aké get a chance?

For me it’s clear he will play multiple positions. I doubt he would have come just as backup as he’s good enough to start for most teams.
Big clubs need TWO TEAMS, esp with number of games in highly compressed season, playing two games per week all season, multiple cup competitions, resting and injuries, need left footed cover at the back, and with 5 subs, it’s much easier to get players a 60-70 minute run out when they’re a bit knackered.Vould also play CB or LCB in a back 3/5 for CL away games.

Job’s a good un in my book! If he stays fit, we will get 8-10 years out of him. His amortization is £8/yr, with another £5 in wages. He is a very cheap FFP acquisition. Also, I know he is Dutch, but does he count as a homegrown player due to age when he arrived in UK? If so, even better!

Always liked him, although I could live without the mop top!

Fits the City profile...quiet, effective, no drama (on or off the field), and been a Captain.

They seemed to have an informal tie-up with Liverpool in recent years but blew millions on shit Anfield cast-offs like Solanke and Ibe. Maybe they’ll be a taker for some lads who won’t cut it at City instead

Yeah, don't think it was anything proper but had a loan or two and bought their deadwood as you say. Doubt they'll be ringing up Anfield anytime soon after the shite they've had previously. Us however? Well, if they wanna pay £15m for Otamendi ;)

They seemed to have an informal tie-up with Liverpool in recent years but blew millions on shit Anfield cast-offs like Solanke and Ibe. Maybe they’ll be a taker for some lads who won’t cut it at City instead

I wonder if we'll see Tosin make a move down there either on loan or permanently. If they're after a replacement then his wages would be doable and he's proven himself at that level this season. Could work out for everyone involved.

I wonder if we'll see Tosin make a move down there either on loan or permanently. If they're after a replacement then his wages would be doable and he's proven himself at that level this season. Could work out for everyone involved.

I wondered if Leeds might be a good destination for Tosin with Bielsa and their style of play. They might want more experience though as survival will be their priority this year.

I wondered if Leeds might be a good destination for Tosin with Bielsa and their style of play. They might want more experience though as survival will be their priority this year.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he stays and wins everyone over but if he's going to leave permanently or just for the season then I just hope it's to a decent team with a decent coach and not some dead end move. I do wonder what Bielsa could do with him.

He seems pretty good in the air. Height helps but smaller players with a decent leap can still challenge in the air. From what I've seen Ake seems pretty good at coping with that. How talls Ferny? He wins a lot of headers. Timing of the jump is as important.

I always had the impression that Fern was taller than he actually is. As you say timing and a good spring is just as important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.