Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I hope he stays and wins everyone over but if he's going to leave permanently or just for the season then I just hope it's to a decent team with a decent coach and not some dead end move. I do wonder what Bielsa could do with him.

Sorry I should have mentioned 'on loan' in my post as I would like to see him break through. But yeah if it is a permanent move or another long term loan it would be good to see him work with a top coach. I think he's going to be a very good player, just as with everyone trying to get in the squad at City the bar is set incredibly high.

If tosin was any good he would have been in the team by now
100% & not a dig at Tosin but if he signs a new contract it will be about City earning £8-£10m in transfer fee, unfortunately & not a dig but the kid isn't good enough for top 4 team in the Prem.
Garcia & THB are ahead of him & younger.
Tosin needs to keep doing what he has produced the last 18 months & who knows he could be a late developer or get that break he deserves.

Ake will be a great asset, I cant believe Chelsea havnt gone back for him there defending is shocking at time.

Ake & Koulabily added to Laporte will be class.

Add a top draw LB then we will be just fine

If we start the season with Ake as first choice then it's a bit underwhelming but if he's coming in as a squad player then I guess it's not a bad signing. It's not really feasible to have three world class CBs because one of them is always going to be unhappy. The price does seem steep but the homegrown status is probably why we're willing to pay it. One of the upsides is that we can finally offload Stones and Otamendi. I'd be pretty happy if we started next season with a quartet of Laporte, Koulibaly, Garcia, Ake.

United fans believed Ake could have been a target for their club after cameras caught Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in conversation with the defender following United's win against the Cherries at Old Trafford.

Solskjaer laughed off the suggestions when the exchange was brought up during a press conference. "I've got seven centre-backs," he said. "I don't know where that's come from. We're fine."

... I believe it came directly from your mouth, Ole.
Not from his mouth as he was busy blowing Ake .

would a good shot stopper of tried to save sons shot in champions league with his feet ?? How am I wumming ?? It’s a opinion , ederson is the perfect keeper for us how we play but shot stopping isn’t he’s best attribute
I don’t want to hijack Ake’s thread but this is bullshit . Ffs he just won golden glove with weekend defense but you think he not a good stopper . Wtf ?

City might lower the pricetag but it’s clear as day Angelino is off. And Stones is not better than Garcia mate, come on. Eric made an instant impact when he started playing for us. Reads the game so well, time his tackles excellent. He is a better defender than Stones, no doubt.

That’s the only thing about Aké that stops me from getting overly excited. I’m still concerned about lack of height in our team when facing set pieces and corners, even though we improved on that from last season.
But lack of speed at the back has also been a major concern so Aké will do a fine job with that. And he seen really good at jumping so we might be ok!

Sorry have to disagree with you.

Stones on top of his game is the better centre half at present. Ill conceed that Stones hasnt been at the top of his game for a while but the potential is there and it more of a mental issue i think with Stones plus the injuries that have led to lack of game sharpness

If we start the season with Ake as first choice then it's a bit underwhelming but if he's coming in as a squad player then I guess it's not a bad signing. It's not really feasible to have three world class CBs because one of them is always going to be unhappy. The price does seem steep but the homegrown status is probably why we're willing to pay it. One of the upsides is that we can finally offload Stones and Otamendi. I'd be pretty happy if we started next season with a quartet of Laporte, Koulibaly, Garcia, Ake.
Until he starts and gets a few games under his belt, learning and implementing Pep's methods, saying he would be underwhelming if he were first choice might come back to bite you on your arse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.