Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed. And Liverpool FC and their fans have done enough bad stuff in living memory that it seems a bit superfluous to bring up stuff that happened before they even existed.

Sureiy we’re allowed to bring up the fact that Everton were winning league titles at Anfield before Liverpool even existed though? I’m guessing that will meet with the approval of @Toffeedude ;)

Sureiy we’re allowed to bring up the fact that Everton were winning league titles at Anfield before Liverpool even existed though? I’m guessing that will meet with the approval of @Toffeedude ;)

Of course

Though we should have just paid the rent instead of creating a monster

Someone diagnosed with covid in their trainingcamp in Austria apparently. The person is in isolation in their hotel.

The slave ships leaving Liverpool were full of textiles from the Lancashire area, Manchester included. The cotton brought back was heading to the mills of Lancashire.

Nobody living today should take blame for what went on in the past, though we should never forget it happened.
I think you need to look up the letter President Lincoln wrote to the people of Manchester for their part in bringing an end to the slave trade. ‘Manchester’ is one of the most common place names across the States for that reason.
it may all be in the past, but Liverpool’s part in the slave trade is well documented. ‘Istree la’ - you can’t just pick the bits you like and blame the rest on Chelsea fans ;-)

Here’s a bit of Istree if it helps
‘Politically, Lancashire was already split. The shipping and finance bosses in Liverpool had openly sided with the Confederacy, and organised both warships for the South and blockade running merchant ships out of Merseyside...
... At a mass meeting in Manchester's Free Trade Hall, on New Year's Eve 1862, attended by a mixture of cotton workers, and the Manchester middle class, they passed a motion urging Lincoln to prosecute the war, abolish slavery and supporting the blockade - despite the fact that it was by now causing them to starve. The meeting convened despite an editorial in the Manchester Guardian advising people not to attend....
and as thanks, the President wrote
"I cannot but regard your decisive utterances on the question as an instance of sublime Christian heroism which has not been surpassed in any age or in any country.

"It is indeed an energetic and re-inspiring assurance of the inherent truth and of the ultimate and universal triumph of justice, humanity and freedom… Whatever misfortune may befall your country or my own, the peace and friendship which now exists between the two nations will be, as it shall be my desire to make them, perpetual." ’
Manchester ruining racism since 1862.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.