City amongst the Premier League clubs that support and promote gambling.

Me and Lady Ribchester have a few premium bonds. In my assessment the random number selector is a Ernie Hunt
The fellah who sold Mrs Ewing today's scratcher was a geezer called Ernie ****! She showed me the two cards - 41 and 42. Ooooh, Yaya was 42, it's a winner! Turns out to be the card modelled on that game where he was robbed on the halfway line and we conceded. Not a fuckin' diamond, two fingered NL salute for a fiver, nor a Sergio Aguero 10 for a tenner! Bastard Canadians!

Gambling genuinely ruins lives. Sure there's an element to it that's 'fun' and 99% of people can gamble responsibly, but the 1% are let down by how greedy these companies are.

I've known a couple of people who've ended up committing suicide due to gambling debts. An employee who'd been working at my company for over a decade stole over £10k to fund his habit. When you consider the owners of Bet365 are taking hundreds of millions every year it really depresses me. They're all based off-shore and don't pay taxes. They burden the economy with problem gamblers and do the absolute bare minimum to support the 1% who can't gamble responsibly.

I'd fully support City if they took a step to ban gambling sponsorships. I don't think they will in a million years, but they'd be on the right side of history if they did.

I'm so glad we don't have SportPesa on our shirts anymore. They were dodgy as hell.

Great thread and for highlighting this issue.

The constant gambling ads and the non stop pushing of normalisation of gambling grates me enormously. I’m glad football is back but hate seeing the gambling adds plastered everywhere.

In fact I find it a bit offensive that we need to market a gambling company on our training gear. There must be so many other options but we seem to be keen on a betting sponsor partner.

I watched John Hartson’s gambling addiction programme some years ago and it brought home how this industry entraps and destroys so many lives and families.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.