City amongst the Premier League clubs that support and promote gambling.

Do you mean Super Six? That is completely free to play
The point is they are promoting gambling and yes it is free to play but every time you place your ‘free’ predictions they give you odds for a £10 accumulator they also encourage through intrusive screen placing to ‘take on’ that Stelling front man, and surely you don’t think they are donating the £1m prize

it’s a clear commercial for SkyBet, trying to entice people to progress to having a ‘harmless’ dabble a bitof fun as they call it.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with this article. That clubs should have nothing to do with gambling. However some clubs rely on them for vast sums of money which keeps them afloat. Surely City can find other sponsors to fill the gap.

Yes I do gamble but I have a limit of £10 a week, most of the time it is even less than that. So the question is MeXican do it why can't others. Winchester I to do the Super Six but I have never placed a bet on any matches with sky. Why because you have to use your debit card and that way you don't know how much you have gambled away until your next statement comes through.

Didn't one club have a manager with very big teeth appearing in a gambling firm (Bet Victor) TV adverts at one point? Don't recall the BBC mentioning it or thinking it might not be ethical.

I think gambling is one of the great evils, made worse by how accepted it is. Massively addictive, few people seek treatment, wrecks lives and families. It's not just football, it's like having a legal market for heroin.

The point is they are promoting gambling and yes it is free to play but every time you place your ‘free’ predictions they give you odds for a £10 accumulator they also encourage through intrusive screen placing to ‘take on’ that Stelling front man, and surely you don’t think they are donating the £1m prize

it’s a clear commercial for SkyBet, trying to entice people to progress to having a ‘harmless’ dabble a bit of fun as they call it.
Mrs Ewing and I have a 'bit of fun' with a couple of £2 scratchcards but when I haven't won the top prize the fuckin' 'fun' stops and I stop.

I'm with you.

There was a thread about this not too long ago, so I suspect this will follow the usual pattern. Any time now you'll get the usual suspects talking about how they're sick to death of snowflakes nannying our lives, how pissed off they are with the control freakery eroding their freedom of choice, how it's all a bit of harmless fun, and what next? Banning a pint coz it leads to alcoholism?
Yep. i called for a ban on gambling ads and promotions within football and was roundly slagged off.

If only it was that simple.

If only it was. I don’t have as big an issue about this as others but no doubt there are too many betting adverts these days. It’s fucking everywhere and this pandemic has probably exacerbated the issue of gambling with people being stuck at home more.
My personal advice to any mug punter would be to switch to matched betting if you can. Much of it is risk-free so you’re guaranteed to make a profit from it. It loads the dice back in favour of the punter and pisses the bookies off no end. I’ve made thousands out of it since I started doing it 2 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.