Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will get stick no doubt but this is clear and detailed. People wanted a road map and this is clear - will go over in detail later but cheered me up this.
I agree. I'm not (selfishly or not) happy about it but it's clear.

At least my lad can get back to barbering in central Manchester on 12 April; wonder if any of the pubs in town will bother opening up then.

Yes. I wouldn’t worry about it yet though as there’s not enough of a data set to really prove the numbers they’re saying.

Worth waiting another couple of months yet.

Thank you.

Maybe I'm not thinking straight, but it seems bizarre then that this sort of information is released and then there's government statements with dates for ending all of this, I'd have thought we're better waiting to know that things are ok on the vaccine front first.

Sorry, is that the efficacy which drops off after 4 weeks with Pfizer? I struggle to get my head around some of the information, apologies. If so, what's it dropping to and won't this have a massive detrimental effect on delaying the 2nd dose for 12 weeks?

The data table appears to show efficacy drop for Pfizer post week 4. Note that there is no data for AZ post week four.

*But* numbers are very small, and I've seen a comment (can't locate it, sorry) that it was some artefact of the analysis.

I'd say not an immediate concern, but one to watch.

Full report

Excerpt of the Pfizer data by week - the 38% is week one, 64% is week 6. Note the huge confidence intervals.

1614012384104.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.