Angelino

I remember being struck by how bad he seemed when he first returned after the buyback.

I was excited to see what he could offer but he stuck out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the squad.

I do think that maybe he should have got some chances after getting to learn the way the team play but his strengths did not match what the team needed.

Hope he has a successful career but cannot see him as a true left back in the Premier League for any side in the top 2/3's of the table.
He's similar to TAA, basically a wingback. He's great going forward but average defensively. He'd do fine in a 532 or a team a good enough defence to mask his weaknesses.

Last edited:
He was simply not good enough, he was brought back to be sold on for profit.

I do think we need to be careful with these types of deals, we are going to get a reputation for using young players to make profit with no intention of the said players making it at MCFC.
I wouldn’t worry too much, players will always have the self belief that ‘I can be the exception’ but the quality of our team dictates that only a tiny percentage of professional players will ever be good enough for us or any other top top level team.

They’ll get paid well and find their appropriate level. I don’t feel sorry for Angelino - he’s still living the dream at Leipzig and will enjoy himself being a key member of a team not quite at our level.

Lets be honest,we treated the kid like shit.

100%

some posters towing the company line already as you can see.

here’s the facts.

PSG wanted him due to how good he was.

he wanted to come back to us.

Pep never wanted him.

He was left to rot on the bench. There were games when we’d be 4-0 up, a left back would come off and someone else would go on.

Then he was dumped in for his big chance. Versus peak Salah at Klanfield.

Take a look at that team, it was gash.

Next game I can’t recall but it was someone like Hazard or similar and I remember thinking Pep fucked him.

Benched for a few games and then there was a game where he whipped in about 10 lethal crosses but we had no movement around the box at all.

Pep couldn’t wait to ship him out.

I love Pep, but it’s clear as day if he doesn’t like someone this is what happens. See Sane, Leroy.

Because of our treatment of him, we got shafted on the transfer fee. Fact is, had we bought him cold, we’d all be doing backflips over YouTube clips and spending 70 mil plus.

I wouldn’t worry too much, players will always have the self belief that ‘I can be the exception’ but the quality of our team dictates that only a tiny percentage of professional players will ever be good enough for us or any other top top level team.

They’ll get paid well and find their appropriate level. I don’t feel sorry for Angelino - he’s still living the dream at Leipzig and will enjoy himself being a key member of a team not quite at our level.
You mean like Angelino and Denayer, both treated like pieces of meat, now departed and with bad feelings, we can get away with that a few times but there will come a time when it will come back to us.

There was one game against the Scousers where he was catastrophic. No surprise Pep didnt trust him after that. Also, it still seems to be forgotten that he doesnt play as a left back for Leipzig - he is an attacking wing back. Doesnt fit into our team framework in any way.
Yes, you're right that he didn't leave a good impression when playing for us in some games. It doesn't mean Pep made any judgement about him after 2 friendlies games as he said, how can we know that? Hence it also doesn't make what Angelino said becomes valid. That's my main point.

100%

some posters towing the company line already as you can see.

here’s the facts.

PSG wanted him due to how good he was.

he wanted to come back to us.

Pep never wanted him.

He was left to rot on the bench. There were games when we’d be 4-0 up, a left back would come off and someone else would go on.

Then he was dumped in for his big chance. Versus peak Salah at Klanfield.

Take a look at that team, it was gash.

Next game I can’t recall but it was someone like Hazard or similar and I remember thinking Pep fucked him.

Benched for a few games and then there was a game where he whipped in about 10 lethal crosses but we had no movement around the box at all.

Pep couldn’t wait to ship him out.

I love Pep, but it’s clear as day if he doesn’t like someone this is what happens. See Sane, Leroy.

Because of our treatment of him, we got shafted on the transfer fee. Fact is, had we bought him cold, we’d all be doing backflips over YouTube clips and spending 70 mil plus.
So are you trying to blame Pep didn't give him chances by saying Pep played him against top teams?
Man, that's the weird logic right there!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.