Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their 3-4-2-1 did cause us some issues in the FA Cup tie, but in addition to us naming a much stronger side, I think playing without a striker will be a big difference-maker. That leaves their three central defenders ostensibly marking no one and gives us a man advantage in central midfield
I agree.

I just think if we can see it, so can Tuchel. He's as much an obsessive, detailed, tinkerer as Pep can be.

Hopefully he overthinks things..

I concur regarding predictability, however we win this with high intensity, something Kun can no longer deliver.. Also measuring ‘not playing any worse’ is all well and good v palace et al, but risking it in the CL final? Not gonna happen

I think we showed a level of determination, concentration and psychological intensity in these PSG games that we've never seen before. Last night that back 4 would have died before letting a goal in, and PSG could have attacked for another 2 hours and not scored against them.

If that City turn up, it doesn't really matter what Chelsea do. I'm a big admirer of this young Chelsea side, but they're not Mbappe-Di Maria-Neymar. They don't have anyone as good as Haaland.

It's easy after the fact to forget how good these players we've shut out and made to look poor actually are. A month ago PSG were the most dangerous attack in Europe after slicing up the reigning champions defence.

Only injuries will stop us, I'm convinced of that.

I think we showed a level of determination, concentration and psychological intensity in these PSG games that we've never seen before. Last night that back 4 would have died before letting a goal in, and PSG could have attacked for another 2 hours and not scored against them.

If that City turn up, it doesn't really matter what Chelsea do. I'm a big admirer of this young Chelsea side, but they're not Mbappe-Di Maria-Neymar. They don't have anyone as good as Haaland.

It's easy after the fact to forget how good these players we've shut out and made to look poor actually are. A month ago PSG were the most dangerous attack in Europe after slicing up the reigning champions defence.

Only injuries will stop us, I'm convinced of that.
Bang on, it’s being discounted and I’m all for it, as being underestimated is what will drive this home..

I’ve watched the game back and that defence is as exciting as our attack, watching the high fives, the emotion of Zin, stones and Dias with block after block, it was mesmeric... I know Zin needed a stern word from Dinho, but his reaction to protect the cub personified everything about the togetherness of this team, they’ll run through brick walls for one another, which gives the truly great teams an edge.... I truly believe the will to win will be too much and we’ll put on a show that rightly puts this team as one of the best this country has produced!

The one good thing in our favour is Chelsea need to be at their strongest in every game they play in to keep their top 4 place and win the FA Cup.

Their remaining games:
City away
Arsenal home
Leicester FA Cup
Leicester home
Villa away
I'd love it if West Ham or Everton somehow sneak in and both th Scousers and Chelsea are out in the cold

Fuck I hadn't considered this till Sky Sports News are running with this headline now that "Chelsea were the team to stop us from winning the Quadruple and if they beat us and will they now be the team to stop us from winning the Treble as well" ... and then they go on to say if Chelsea win the double of CL and FA Cup and City win with the double of PL and Carabao Cup, who has the better double and had the better season?

Fuckin hell ... we have already WON those two (OK almost won) and they are already gifting them the other two ... c'mon Leicester we're all behind you in the FA Cup Final ... after all Leicester too has a little "City" in them as well ;)
You don't listen to the Sky gobshites.
Chelsea could well end up with nothing.

We haven’t played any worse when we play a striker (or two) when the rest of the team is strong as well. We haven’t played Kun not because Pep is precious about the system, but because he’s unsure about his form. That’s why I’m suggesting, give him the rest of the PL to prove himself. We shouldn’t be predictable in the final
I’d absolutely play Kun in the remaining league games to get him as sharp as possible should he be used as a sub in the final which is quite probable. It sounds brutal to say it but he’s no longer effective enough to start for us against elite opposition in a massive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.