#21 | Ferran Torres - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big season for Torres, he was poor yesterday and I didn't know he was even playing. That said there is a player there and he has shown in some games eg Newcastle that he is good finisher. However, when he does play he needs to be more consistent and offer more of a threat.

Obviously it is difficult for some foreign players to settle in a new country and Covid has not helped, but nevertheless we need to see an improvement from last season

It should be noted that the kid is the same age as Phil Foden - a guy who also still struggles at times with his positioning and presence in games, and he's been here for years.

Let's give Torres a bit more time to grasp the nuances of the game and fit into the team. It took two seasons for now 30 year old Riyad Mahrez to gel with the team, having already spent four seasons in the Prem previously.

He is not a striker, the sooner we realise the better. He never has played that role in his life, before Pep. And such things on such a late stage in your football career (over 20 years old) is not learnable. We need a striker in the team, and maybe then he can play (in cup games) that role.

Terrible yesterday.
I completely forgot he was playing in the 1st half to the extent I had to check my phone to see if he was actually playing.
God help us if he is the forward option 1st few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.