Super League Aftermath.

but how are you assessing "the best teams in Europe"? show me a list of the best teams in Europe 50, 40, 30 and 20 years ago. would they be the same teams? they would not. football moves in cycles, ups and downs. there is nothing wrong in clubs moving up the leagues and claiming a place in the top table of euro footy, and there is nothing wrong in letting a top team fall as low as they need to go to change their ways and become good again.

what is wrong is artificially elevating teams to a level above most other teams can reach, ever... no matter how shit they become.

to find the best teams, isnt that what leagues are for? to bring the best teams to the top... and isn't challenging other leagues best teams the just reward for winning your own league?
My point is that it shouldnt be enough to win a shit tire league (like the french league) to get a spot in the 1st pot of thr CL groups. Get them throught some play-offs if their league is shite.

i just dont think you get the spirit of this sport. what it represents. no offence, but you have no magnanimity.
I'm not going to stand here and claim I care about the small clubs when I dont actually give a fek about them enough to watch them play. But everyone is free to pretend they are whoever they want to pretend they are.

Ffs! Seriously, the fuckiest of fucks saken...

The wankers have gone away and come back with some bullshit changes that are purely designed to make the venture seem more pallettable for fans.

The same entitled shitstain teams will have their places ring-fenced, without a shadow of doubt.

Remember Brexit? Remember what was promised? You see what you got?

This is Fexit.... a fucking carve up of our sport if it proceeds, with cheers and claps along the way by spectator lemmings.
The problem is that UEFA have not come up with anything better and their new proposals for the CL are shit. The other problem is that UEFA wants to retain control and take the lion's share of the broadcast income at the same time as telling the owners how to run their own clubs financially.
That is not a sustainable position for UEFA so they will have to do a deal or go out of business eventually.

i revisited this thread with a new view about the super league

i think there is something in the pipe line about a new tv deal for uefa champions league and premier league games being shown live on the internet with the new sky glass ? i heard a story that sky will open talks with clubs about a new deal that will involve the internet and sky in 3 years time

it may come down to sky selling its rights to a open market with the big internet companies in allowing them to show sky channels on their sites and sky doing the same on there's. so the need for a super league maybe in the bin for good
The clubs want to sell their own products directly. They don't need Sky any more because technology enables them to control their own broadcasting. The only way UEFA can survive is to change totally. It has a future as a regulator (perhaps) but not as a commercial rival to the clubs it is supposed to regulate. Likewise the ESL will only succeed if it finds a way of preserving the football pyramids in each country and making sure there is no closed shop for the Cartel clubs. Maybe UEFA and the ESL clubs can come to some sort of deal. Either way SKY is doomed, which is why they have been so biased and dishonest in their coverage of the ESL saga.

Would be a different format to the PL and why not ?
I rather see quality teams at it than non quality teams from Moldova and Ukraine losing 5-0 at home to Real Madrid. But they are most welcome to lose 5-0 at home in the Europa League!
1634843348970.png

Want to place a bet that it stays like that at the end ?
No but I'll bet they'll have attracted plenty of viewers during and after beating Madrid away from home. Which is the point of what you're saying no?

But actually you're right.. we should just watch the same 14 'big teams' play each other every year, nobody wants to watch anything else. Imagine they'd done that 30 years ago ffs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.