Tribute to Arthur - Watford 4/12/21

And while I don't want to knock Taking the Knee, its main purpose seems to be to make non-racists more aware of racism. That's not a bad thing, and is worthy in itself, but has any racist seen it and thought "I'd better not be racist any more"?
Spot on. It's excellent that racism is in the spotlight now, as never before. But I'll bet that 99% of racists will not change their abhorrent views because people are taking the knee.

I’d like to just stick to Remembrance Sunday and things connected to the club specifically and the region of greater Manchester.
I'd even argue (and have done) against the increasing fuss we make at football around Remembrance Sunday. And I say that as probably one of the very few on here to have been lucky enough to hear my late grandfather's stories of life at the front and the horror of going over the top at Passchendaele. But on the grounds that ex-players and fans would have been involved in war, with some giving their lives, I'll put up with it.

I'd even argue (and have done) against the increasing fuss we make at football around Remembrance Sunday. And I say that as probably one of the very few on here to have been lucky enough to hear my late grandfather's stories of life at the front and the horror of going over the top at Passchendaele. But on the grounds that ex-players and fans would have been involved in war, with some giving their lives, I'll put up with it.
Settled down for the football yesterday with the mrs next to me.

The players stopped playing to join in with the fans in a tribute. I looked over at my wife and she was bawling her eyes out, and i wasn't far behind.

The players stopped playing to join in with the fans in a tribute. I looked over at my wife and she was bawling her eyes out, and i wasn't far behind.
I was in a pub yesterday in Audenshaw ,footy was on but I wasn't really watching it when a lot of the punters stood up and applauded with the Villa /Leicester players who had stopped playing .Lump in the throat time .

Just filled up again mate, so painful this tragic episode. Hope everyone respects this thread as well in memory of that lad.

Awful time for the Irish tho so can see why it’s still a touchy subject but not racist. I sure do love a good spud;)
Absolutely spot on. It was shocking what happened in Ireland in the 1840s. No people should have to starve. I was referring to the here and now though. But I'll be going back through my post history and deleting any such references from me that I can find.

i just hope the murdering bastards get what's coming to them, but where was the grandad and grandmother, didn't they go to see the little boy and see what was going on, but that doesn't take away what the fucking bastards did to him, i really hope both get a fucking hammering every fucking day till they die

i just hope the murdering bastards get what's coming to them, but where was the grandad and grandmother, didn't they go to see the little boy and see what was going on, but that doesn't take away what the fucking bastards did to him, i really hope both get a fucking hammering every fucking day till they die
I’m fairly sure I read that the grandma was on to social services to try and get the child taken off them.

A terribly sad and disgusting story.

Hard to believe people can be so evil to a small Child.

Really upset me this case. Brought memories flooding back.

Hopefully they will both get their comeuppance in time.

I often reflect on my own miserable up bringing. Drunken violent father, a mother who was his enabler allowing all the abuse.

Even today when i challenge my mother she wont ever accept her part in the physical abuse.

Could Fred West have gone on as long as he did without Rose ?

This Case it was Arthur own biological Father enabling, and participating.

My own Mother would wind my Father up to knock the living shit out of me. Then come to my rescue.

Back then as small child i thought she did this because she loved me. That's how messed up i was, her intervention was viewed that she must love me.

As i got older i realised the real reason was she thought he was actually going to kill me .And there would be lengthy prison sentences for both of them.

Rest in peace Arthur, no one can hurt you now little Man, an Angel forever more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.