North Stand Expansion

We don’t actually know what the north stand will be yet. (Will it have safe standing, a home end or corporate lite).

It would be such a wasted opportunity if it’s not a proper home end though. We need to push the club on this, otherwise the chance to have something special will be gone.
We will be having another meeting on the North Stand in the near future - that will include 1894 like last time.

I believe that the club's intention was to bring more firm details on the elements you mention above. Myself, other reps and 1894 have told the club a number of times that we want to see the new North Stand as the atmospheric home end (as has the wider fanbase in the consultation the club undertook).

Are you serious? Do you know how bright those huge LED screens are? It would be nightmare at night.

Yes I am serious it's definitely hundreds and hundreds of yards which your first response was and my reply was about.

(Edit - apologies it was my earlier post that said no houses within hundreds of yards)

As for LED screens, yes I'm aware of how bright they are, can be and will be. The screens won't be any brighter than the LEDs that are already approved at the Co-Op Live so I'd be amazed if there was any issue with them on the north stand.

Last edited:
We will be having another meeting on the North Stand in the near future - that will include 1894 like last time.

I believe that the club's intention was to bring more firm details on the elements you mention above. Myself, other reps and 1894 have told the club a number of times that we want to see the new North Stand as the atmospheric home end (as has the wider fanbase in the consultation the club undertook).

That’s good to hear. As you say I think it’s important to keep making the argument for a proper home end with safe standing included. They can have the corporate areas around the ground, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Thanks for all the hard work mate!

I still think that we might be missing something and extra revenue. Think about Real and Spurs retractable roofs and pitches for concerts NFL etc

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the update.

It's been a while.

The club read this thread, so they will know what I'm asking you before you ask them, if you will? :-)

I asked you previously, but I don't think it went any further.

Can you ask the club and the Directors at the next City Matters meeting if they would at least consider putting up a live webcam/s to cover the construction of the North stand, Fanzone, Hotel, etc, similar to the live webcam that covered the construction of the Coop Live Arena, please?

City fans around the world would view the webcam on a daily basis. As it is we're documenting the construction of the North stand, Fanzone and Hotel only on Blue Moon via drone videos taken from YouTube and pictures taken by us. Millions of City fans around the world are missing out on seeing the North stand, Fanzone and Hotel being constructed. It wouldn't be too difficult for the club to add a North stand construction link and page to the OS.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
For me -

- The new large upper tier should be entirely safe standing and the ‘home end’. It would be the biggest safe standing area in the UK if this were to happen. There’s no point having an expanded upper tier if that area isn’t the ‘blue wall’, otherwise it might as well have been another 3 tiered stand.

- Sell the front rows which have access to a private bar as ‘premium safe standing’.

- Have a price structure similar to the South Stand third tier.

- Have cheaper tickets in the tier for 18-25 year olds. Give them a special window to apply.

- Let 1894 pick a couple of blocks which they will help manage.

- Get rid of the LED boards at that end so banners can be used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.