North Stand Expansion

Success is rarely guaranteed.

However we will probably remain competitive and our international fan base of occasional tourists is expanding exponentially.

Based on the experience & developments of the last 15 years I wouldn't rule anything out.

HH SHEIKH MANSOUR and Abu Dhabi do not settle for second best !!

That much is true.

I think City will always remain competitive on the pitch and financially off the pitch with Mansour as the owner and Khaldoon in charge of the club, above Soriano, until Soriano goes.

Unfortunately there will be a playing and trophy drop off when Pep leaves. There is no doubt about that. That’s when City will find out how resilient and loyal our new fans are, and whether a 62,000 capacity Etihad is enough for the foreseeable future, or if it still needs expanding. Post Pep will be the barometer for another expansion of the Etihad or not.

Last edited:
I agree with all of that. I would also like to see fans allowed to hang flags and banner from the front of north stand level 2 and encouraged to bring them into the ground. It used to look great before those electronic advertising boards came in. It’s makes a big difference visually.

European away games there’s usually loads of flags and banners on display

I agree, There can’t be much revenue in a 2nd tier of digital advertising boards at the front of NSL2. There HAS to be some concessions from the club to the fans regarding NSL2 that are doable. It can’t all be one way in favour of the club. Banners and flags at the front of NSL2 should be one of those concessions to the fans by the club.

PS. This iPad is driving me mad! Or is it the shit Virgin Wifi? Arrrrrrrgh!

The club won’t be having these discussions. They will be wondering how much money they can make out of this. If it turns out how you want it, it will only be so they can maximise revenue in other areas and get people to move into that stand.

You say that like it is something unusual or unknown. On a site where people support what is ultimately a business.

Those LED lights could wake the residents of Phillips Park Cemetery.

I'd imagine any lighting may effect the local fire and ambulance station too. They need more sleep.

How many seats is the expansion going to add, and will this improve the chances of locals getting season tickets or helping the prices stay stable so they can keep the ones they have?

How many seats is the expansion going to add, and will this improve the chances of locals getting season tickets or helping the prices stay stable so they can keep the ones they have?

Please apply for the City CEO job when it becomes vacant. :-)

Please apply for the City CEO job when it becomes vacant. :-)

It is a bit annoying though isn't it? People are getting excited about a bigger stadium with more seats but more expensive and local people priced out :)

Here is a suggestion for the club to make money

Use City Square and City Hall for private events.

Going on the Sphere and The Cube idea but on a smaller scale

Replace that roof on City Square with a roof that can used like The Cube

1710027020313.png

Use the City Square roof as a massive entrance into City Hall, imaging going to the City Square before a concert at the COOP live and the artist playing above your head

The City Hall then is turned into Man City version of The CUBE

Imagine holding an event outside football in an immersive LED Hall that could be used for anything, sponsors and advertisers would love it

City Hall could be used for E-games, product launches and award dinners

1710028727104.png

This picture was actually from Nexen Tyre R&D HQ

Imagine City Hall being like this

On Matchday, it could be used like this

Purely a suggestion for the club to use space(dead space)for advertising that can change at the push of a button and would make them money as well

One of the club directors' boxes is already doing it on a small scale

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.