North Stand Expansion

Reading the 1894 twitter account, seems the club has asked them to sign an NDA prior to the meeting. Not a good look from the club
For awareness, all City Matters representatives have signed an NDA of sorts as part of our Code of Conduct. This seems to be pretty common across our equivalents across the league. The club do share a lot of confidential information with us, but it is pretty important to strike the balance between that and also keeping supporters aware of what is going on or information that would be useful.

How many levels will it be?

View attachment 116419
The Committee considered the report of the Director of Planning, Building Control and Licensing for alterations to the Etihad Stadium North Stand and adjoining land to provide an overall increase in Stadium capacity, hospitality, and concourse facilities available for use both during and outside of event days, an ancillary TV Studio (Sui Generis), a Roof-Walk Attraction (Use Class F1(c)) together with the erection of a 9 storey, 391 bed hotel (Use Class C1) with a further 10 suites provided within the North Stand of the Etihad Stadium for hotel or hospitality space (Use Class C1 / Sui Generis); restaurant at Level 1 (Use Class C1 / Class E), erection of an 8-storey building comprising: a new Club Shop and Ticket Office (

Will it though ??
It will for the big games. Let’s be honest most football grounds are saturated with families and day trippers. Ours is no exception. If we expecting to find 8000+ singers in the north stand when we scarcely have them for regular match days now, we’re kidding ourselves in my opinion. Atmospheres are good when the team is good. We’ve had some great times in recent seasons and great moments. Each of those times the fans have delivered.

There is no other possible way for them to get so many tickets sat together - i used to be sceptical so started asking them where they got the tickets the answer was nearly always Live Football Tickets site - a site that City Twitter used to follow.

They have 321 tickets showing available for Fulham

View attachment 115684
There are “fans” out there with purchase history now. Plus there are those able to get tickets with no intention of going. It’s a problem but surely the club can do more to police this.

Does the North Stand and campus developments alter plans for any future wrap around the stadium itself?

I seem to remember talk of the spirals being eventually inside the stadium.

Nice update there I thought. Can see a lot of progress.
What caught my eye especially is above the steps to the extension are a few extra steps of terrace, maybe linked to the roof walk or hotel/hospitality ?

Vip/hospitality seats, below the suites. The roof walk is circa 25m above those.

A bit dated. But a question. Thanks

Enlarged the picture to show what the question is about.

What are the brown steel sections around and under the roof cable supports?

Are they being used to support the roof cable supports when they eventually get dismantled?

Or are they just different coloured steel sections of the stand for no reason?

Chris Billington - Linkedin

Manchester City`s new hotel taking shape - aerial photo from 1500 feet from 360photosurvey.com`s full size aircraft during our flight operation on 23rd April 2024.

IMG_0979.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.