Are The Beatles and Queen overrated?

I shake my head at people who think a band with 30 No 1 singles, 13 No 1 albums (in 7 years) and over 80,000 cover versions of the songs they wrote by the worlds top recording artists can even begin to call them overrated.
No other band comes close to those stats.

As for Queen I'm not a fan but realize they were a very talented band.

Last edited:
They were inspirational, groundbreaking in some cases but are there much better songs?

Of course.

I shake my head a people who think a band with 30 No 1 singles, 13 No 1 albums (in 7 years) and over 80,000 cover versions of the songs they wrote by the worlds top recording artists can even begin to call them overrated.
No other band comes close to those stats.

As for Queen I'm not a fan but realize they were a very talented band.
Pairing them together is odd, but to even ask that question of The Beatles is laughable.

I much preferred Queen on their earlier albums. A Night at the Opera, A Day at the Races and News if the World for example are all great albums. When the Game was released that was a turning point and the band went much more commercial. The lowest point was Hot Space which in the main was complete shite.

The Beatles also went through a transformation from a 3 minute pop band to a much more sophisticated band whose music covered multiple genres. They were helped by the fact that they stopped touring ( no need to reproduce the studio recordings) and they had the perfect producer in George Martin. There’s no doubting the song writing talent and what they managed to achieve on an 8 track recorder was amazing.
Shame they were scousers.
The Beatles changed the world

It might be an unpopular opinion but does anyone else think Beatles and Queen are both overrated? Don’t get me wrong, I am not saying they aren’t good bands but I don’t think they are at the very top. I much prefer Rolling Stones and the Who.
Absolutely.
The Smiths piss all over both bands

Whether they were overrated or not they were both very popular but personally I never liked the Beatles..
Queen I don't mind and quite like ..who wants to live forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.