The Title Race - 2023/24

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We've won more games in all compets this season than we had last season at the same stage. And KDB and Stones have missed 9 months between them this season...

Were you predicting the Treble back in March last year? Incredible if you did it see coming.

Truth is nobody knows what's going to happen: another Treble or nothing... We are favourites in every competition for a reason, though.
We looked omnipotent at times last year. We now look vulnerable. You can’t honestly claim our performances are convincing our our squad is as good. We’ve done amazingly well given the injuries, and Grealish is currently a huge miss, just my opinion that we don’t have enough this year. Hope I’m wrong. Saw us lift all three trophies in the flesh last year and would love to repeat that experience but we need that moment that galvanises us like the charges did and like Cancelo getting fucked off did. I thought we were comfortable until the penalty yesterday but then we feel to pieces and wasn’t until Kovacic came on we started to gain any sense of control again.

I think our maximum is 88-89 pts. Given that we play CL games, hopefully CL semis too and a FA Cup semi, we'll drop at least 4-5 pts, imo. I think the same applies for Liverpool and Arsenal. Wouldn't be surprised if all 3 teams drop at least 6-7 pts.

Imagine the final 2-3 games if all 3 teams can win it!
Morgan and the rest of the Tarquin gluepots seem to think the title is already theirs after yesterday's result.

LIVERPOOL
Everton a (tba)
Brighton h
Sheff U. h
Utd. a
Palace h
Fulham. a
Wham. a
Spurs. h
Villa. a
Wolves. h

5 home 5 away

ARSENAL
Chelsea. h (tba)
City. a
Luton. h
Brighton. a
Villa. h
Wolves. a
Spurs. a
B/mouth h
Utd. a
Everton. h

5 home 5 away

MCFC
Brighton. a (tbc)
Arsenal. h
Villa. h
Palace. a
Luton. h
Spurs. a
Forest. a
Wolves. h
Fulham. a
Wham. h

5 home 5 away

I haven’t followed this thread at all so apologies if already discussed.

But I was thinking earlier that I can not ever remember a genuine three horse race for the title. Not necessarily one that goes to the very last game. But one with all three in with a serious shout, right up until at least the last two or three games.

I go back to the mid/late 70s and can’t remember one.

Anyone recall one?

Mourinho's 2nd chelsea were in the race for a while in 2014 were they not?

3rd May 2014, after 36 games.

Man City 80
Liverpool 80
Chelsea 78

Strangely people forget Chelsea were so close, but City won their next game, while Chelsea drew (as did Liverpool), so they were out of it before the final day.

It is because mourinho underplayed it to fuck. And the media bought it.

'I sink, two horse race, and a little pony that stiiil needs miiiilk' fuck off, verbose ****.

We looked omnipotent at times last year. We now look vulnerable. You can’t honestly claim our performances are convincing our our squad is as good. We’ve done amazingly well given the injuries, and Grealish is currently a huge miss, just my opinion that we don’t have enough this year. Hope I’m wrong. Saw us lift all three trophies in the flesh last year and would love to repeat that experience but we need that moment that galvanises us like the charges did and like Cancelo getting fucked off did. I thought we were comfortable until the penalty yesterday but then we feel to pieces and wasn’t until Kovacic came on we started to gain any sense of control again.

Doesn’t feel like this team at the moment has a game in them to match the effort and intensity that blew away Madrid and Bayern last season and also dragged back Arsenal in the title race, I hope I’m wrong on that one.

LIVERPOOL
Everton a (tba)
Brighton h
Sheff U. h
Utd. a
Palace h
Fulham. a
Wham. a
Spurs. h
Villa. a
Wolves. h

5 home 5 away

ARSENAL
Chelsea. h (tba)
City. a
Luton. h
Brighton. a
Villa. h
Wolves. a
Spurs. a
B/mouth h
Utd. a
Everton. h

5 home 5 away

MCFC
Brighton. a (tbc)
Arsenal. h
Villa. h
Palace. a
Luton. h
Spurs. a
Forest. a
Wolves. h
Fulham. a
Wham. h

5 home 5 away
I think Villa and Spurs are the key games for all three teams.

We looked omnipotent at times last year.

We lost from Southampton and United in January, then were 2 goals down after the 1st half vs Spurs at the Etihad, then lost at Spurs (Cancelo was loaned out at that point)....You weren't predicting the Treble at that point, right?

We looked omnipotent in....April and May. If we do the same this season, chances are we'll win trophies. Time will tell. We'll need Grealish in top form, as having all of Haaland, KDB and Foden in one team is already weakening our control of games. Add Alvarez and things get out of control...The Haaland-KDB combo was working because we had players like Gundogan, Bernardo and Grealish around them. Without Gundo and without Grealish and Bernie in top form, the stability isn't there and we relinquish control a bit easy at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.