Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I wasn’t there, so I’ve no right to complain or even really have an opinion, but ON TV (ESPN+) it sounded like it was 80/20 Newcastle singing. John Champion, the TV commentator, even made a note of the fact that at 2-0 down, it was still the 8,000 traveling Newcastle fans that one could hear singing.

As I said, I was warm & dry at home watching a replay on TV, so chapeau to all who got soaked to watch a training game, because the conditions looked absolutely awful. However, the City atmosphere sounded as damp as the weather.

What was the attendance like?

I work just off Ashton old road and on every single matchday it's fucking packed with cars. Yesterday there was fuck all. Seemed pretty odd to me, especially for an FA Cup quarter final.

Are people just not bothering anymore? I know I'm pretty much in that camp, simply because the prices are fucking stupid.

Well I can assure you it was one of the best atmospheres in 111 this season . It was non stop singing throughout where I was , I know the sound doesn’t travel well but it was a great effort and couldn’t really do a lot more to gee them up. I imagine SS3 lads come in with some me of the regulars in 111 and and deffo boosted this atmosphere here .
There were six of us who are regulars in SS3, who were in 111 yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it, it’s weird as well because you just couldn’t hear the Geordies down there either.

I work just off Ashton old road and on every single matchday it's fucking packed with cars. Yesterday there was fuck all. Seemed pretty odd to me, especially for an FA Cup quarter final.

Are people just not bothering anymore? I know I'm pretty much in that camp, simply because the prices are fucking stupid.
Seemed pretty full, the odd empty seat dotted around in East Stand. I was in family stand level 2 so not sure about level 1 family stand. The bar codes certainly saw empty “see ats” as they never stopped going on about them

Last edited:
315 evictee to 113 row G.

Moved for years in cup games and I'd put Newcastle as just above average for fans who had both SS2 & SS3.

As for us, again compared to some other cup games when I've been down below we weren't at our best but, as soon as we went 2-0 up (kicking the wrong way) we could smoke our pipe and put our slippers on like the team did.

50,000 plus

I wasn’t there, so I’ve no right to complain or even really have an opinion, but ON TV (ESPN+) it sounded like it was 80/20 Newcastle singing. John Champion, the TV commentator, even made a note of the fact that at 2-0 down, it was still the 8,000 traveling Newcastle fans that one could hear singing.

As I said, I was warm & dry at home watching a replay on TV, so chapeau to all who got soaked to watch a training game, because the conditions looked absolutely awful. However, the City atmosphere sounded as damp as the weather.
I watched at home , thought city fans were decent tbh, yes geordies sang but what do you except

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.