Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

We're still in the race but it's not in our hands. Never a good position to be in.

I said at the start of the season that our activity in the summer transfer window was poor, and I maintain that. We lost so much productivity and did nothing to address it. After a treble win we should have made statements; instead, we were complacent.

The bought two 21 year olds and developmental player from Wolves, while losing three veteran players. I understand the philosophy and the needed planning for future. Both Doku and Gvardiol should be mainstays for years to come. But they definitely are missing that quality up front against top clubs that Mahrez and Gundo brought.

My only problem with today is that it's a positive for Liverpool, and I want them to fail on every, single level in Klopp's last season.

Arsenal are a tough opponent because Arteta is a very tactical manager and his defensive setup, and players, are excellent. Nevertheless, we dominated possession and could have mixed it up a little bit more to ruffle their organisation. The risk, of course, is the rapid counter and they are capable of that.

Well played to Akanji, Rodri, Gvardiol, Bernardo and Rico Lewis, especially. It is a shame that pointless international football deprived us of John Stones. I think Walker is now more replaceable than he was and the defensive style of Arsenal meant that they created very little down our right. I hope to see Oscar Bobb more in the last games of the season as I feel he is a better player than Jeremy Doku, despite the latter's excellent first season. Great to see Jack back.

A word about Josko. Pre-match, the doubters were out in force, and I hope that they learn to accept that he is genuinely one of the biggest talents in world football. At his age, in his first season, he is absolutely top-drawer.

Please explain how the title has gone with 9 games to go?? How long have you supported this club?? How many times have we clawed back deficits far greater and won the league..!
Way too much defeatist talk on here, no way I’m giving up the title until it’s impossible to win… That’s what other teams do..!
Truth is we need favours from other teams now. I'll be hoping we get them but I'm not sure we will.

We played to win. They played for a stalemate, and unfortunately got rewarded by the ref and our creative players having an off day.

The season is still there to play for, even though it is no longer in our hands. Spurs will play all three title contenders and will have a say. On to the next game now.

Go on you blue boys — time to put Villa to the sword!

You're right of course, but he's shite at the moment (and past 3 months) and Bobb is a much better option right now.
I won’t argue that. But there have been games where bobb was pretty terrible too. Doku has that ability to beat any player but once he does that there is no end product. If he fixes that he will be very good imo. I have faith he will come good

Teams have figured him out . Double mark him, sit deep offer no room and he is like a corralled hippo. Our slow plodding pass and pass does not suit him . I feel sorry for him -the joy in his game has been extinguished.
Could not agree more. This 2nd season we are wasting a generational talent, and he's still scoring plenty of goals. I suppose if we win it all they'll be no complaints...but it's a big if.

We bought in a young wide player to replace Mahrez and then we realised he’s better on the left than right and then it was back to Foden on the winger shifts because Bernardo was needed in the middle as we lost Gundogan and neither Kova nor Nunes possess that skillset… it is quite a story!

Anyway, we’ll fix it in the summer hopefully. Hope to end the season on a strong note.
Exactly - doesnt take a lot of fixing. These things happen cant get it right every summer.

The pervious teams would have battered Arsenal today, battered them, they were shocking and there for the taking
This team would have battered arsenal today as well, were it not for the return from the internationals and the injuries.

I don't think a draw is that much worse for us than it was for them, given the state we were in. They had a rare stars aligning chance to get all 3 points against a aide as good as ours which could have seen them ride that confidence all the way to the tiltle. But they were as tepid as we were flaccid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.