Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

My only problem with today is that it's a positive for Liverpool, and I want them to fail on every, single level in Klopp's last season.

Arsenal are a tough opponent because Arteta is a very tactical manager and his defensive setup, and players, are excellent. Nevertheless, we dominated possession and could have mixed it up a little bit more to ruffle their organisation. The risk, of course, is the rapid counter and they are capable of that.

Well played to Akanji, Rodri, Gvardiol, Bernardo and Rico Lewis, especially. It is a shame that pointless international football deprived us of John Stones. I think Walker is now more replaceable than he was and the defensive style of Arsenal meant that they created very little down our right. I hope to see Oscar Bobb more in the last games of the season as I feel he is a better player than Jeremy Doku, despite the latter's excellent first season. Great to see Jack back.

A word about Josko. Pre-match, the doubters were out in force, and I hope that they learn to accept that he is genuinely one of the biggest talents in world football.

If 29 goals with umpteen games to play is disappointing, I hope he has a shocker next season as that’s guaranteed 25.
I am simply stating facts that he is a shadow of last years player, he should have won the Ballon'dor, this season he won't even be nominated.

He has been sussed by defenders and our shit slow build up is killing the strengths of his game

Last edited:
As I said a few weeks ago, I have a feeling of foreboding for this season's title & Cup runs. Albeit we dominated the ball, we looked toothless up front & were pretty well snuffed out by a well drilled Arsenal.

Most of our recent seasons can be characterised by us beating our rivals. If memory serves me right (outside of ManUre), we haven't managed to beat any of them this season & sadly I feel this will be this season's epitaph.

The reason? We lost Gundog, Mahrez & KDB for most of the season, with Jack playing more like his first season punctuated by injuries, & Haaland also being out for 8 weeks & looking out of form. Our rivals have strengthened, whilst we're definitely weaker than last season.

The positives? By all accounts Pep & Txiki are aware of this & it's mooted by many that we'll go big to get our squad strength back to where it needs to be.

Let's do our very best for the rest of this season, but alas mentally, I'm already focused on this summer's transfer window.

Lewis and Grealish made us miles better. Our problems are further forward.

Doku should not be anywhere near this team. He’s Garnacho standard, should be at Watford. Fucking Forrest Gump
Was you at the game? I had a pop at Doku for that tackle the other week but this 0-0 had fuck all to do with him.

The bought two 21 year olds and developmental player from Wolves, while losing three veteran players. I understand the philosophy and the needed planning for future. Both Doku and Gvardiol should be mainstays for years to come. But they definitely are missing that quality up front against top clubs that Mahrez and Gundo brought.
At the same time as Kev has been hit with injury and appears to be in slight decline, the loss of Gundo and Mahrez has been felt, but everyone moves on at some point.

Fuck me the fannies are out in force tonight on here.

Some of the replies are absolutely hilarious. Title gone? Boring city?

Can I just remind people who are talking absolute bollocks, we won the treble last year and this season should really in reality have been a season of taking stock, take a bit of a dip in form and regroup for a charge next season.

And what have we got? We're still in the running for the 3 big one's again. For us to be still in touch is actually quite remarkable given the fact we've lost gundo and Mahrez and we've had our big hitters out injured.

Arsenal and the smelly cunts are playing at full tilt, we are nowhere playing at 100% yet we're only 3pts off top.

Some posters need to get a grip, the geezer who started this thread is obviously only been coming for a few years, what a load of shite post to start this thread off.

Keep the faith you old boys who have been watching us through thick and thin. You half and half scarf wankers fuckin do one.

Super city.

Ah. OK ignore the rest of the stats.

We weren't that bad that we couldn't be arsed. Ridiculous surely.
We were better...But really, we didn't cut them open at all, and they didn't either. They let us have the ball, it's a shit tactic, but it's not like we peppered them and they nicked a draw. It was a fair result considering the lack of goal mouth action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.