The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I didn't see any tickets when walking by cars back to Central Park where I missed a tram by 3 inches (just pulled off as I was reaching for the button!!!!) but, back to tickets, do they have to actually physically put one on the car or can they do it be ANPR car and send a photo and invoice?

Technically you’re parking on double yellows by doing that. Not saying I agree with it but I’m constantly surprised that people do it then wonder why they get a ticket.

Parking on pavements actually does cause damage long term to the surface as they’re not designed to take the weight of heavy vehicles.
Doesn't really affect me as I get to Gorton Road 2 hours before kick off (!) so I can get a legit space… it’s the later arrivals who I think chance their arm as there’s no other option other than to pay for parking… their gamble I guess.

One of the only positives yesterday. Parked in the blue car park. Left after the final whistle. Walked to the car and 20 minutes later was on the M60 at Blackley. Wouldn’t have believed it possible.

One of the only positives yesterday. Parked in the blue car park. Left after the final whistle. Walked to the car and 20 minutes later was on the M60 at Blackley. Wouldn’t have believed it possible.
The roads were absolutely dead yesterday. I absolutely raced home. Car parked about 10-15 mins away and home in Warrington by 7pm leaving at final whistle. Quickest I’ve ever been home.

I also park in Blue and usually sit for 30 mins while the stewards let the coaches leave, then it's another 45-60 mins back home to Stockport once we're finally free. But yesterday was the first time ever, in 20 years of going to City every week, that I made it home less than an hour after full-time. Now they've started opening that back exit in the Blue car park, by the gas tower and onto Alan Turing way, things are moving a lot quicker. Not sure if they've always opened it or if it's a new idea but it's genius and they shouldn't stop doing it.

But the crucial factor was it being Easter Sunday, I think. No shops open so no other cars on the road, just football traffic all the way. Plus the trains were also running despite it being a religious holiday so that definitely helped with any traffic coming from the south of Manchester. I normally come off at J22 on the M60, south of Oldham, literally just as the teams are being announced. But we were turning off Oldham Road onto Alan Turing instead by that point on Sunday. It's been getting increasingly difficult to get to City games this season because traffic is so much worse but yesterday was a breeze.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.