Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

We looked a bit shaky in the first half, midfield and defence too open at times but second half everything came together nicely and PWF stepped up to plate.

What an amazing hat trick from Phil, incredible performance once again.

Hate to say it but we look a quicker more fluid, threatening attacking unit when Haaland isn’t in it. Definitely helped that Doku looked much better tonight and Grealish was back too.

Was a big win that and needed,no room for error now,lets hope we kick on as per usuall last quater of season,an let the others fuck it up

Brilliant performance and just what we needed before a trip to Palace who are likely to pack the defence and of course Madrid.

Foden will rightly be spoke about - he was absolutely majestic tonight, but Gvardiol, Rodri and Lewis were all superb too. My next MOTM was Ortega and I honestly think he's as good as Ederson. I've been critical of Ederson at times this season for switching off, but I've never once thought 'I wish Ederson was playing' when Ortega is in net.

I also think that Foden in the middle is what we have to go with now for the rest of the season. He's just unplayable and I think he's got the ability to step up and run games like KdB can. The goals he scored were magnificent and totally changed the game and that's exactly what World Class players do.

Personal opinion, but that team should start against Palace and if we give them a hiding then maybe bring in Stones and Walker for Real if fit but leave the rest as-is. I thought the balance of the team seemed much better than it did against Arsenal, although to be fair they are a much better team than Villa.

Great result and nice to chip away at the GD too!

Looking at the tables, I honestly think it will be drawn games rather than losses which will lose the league for anyone and I see plenty of banana skins. Providing we can be within 3 points with 4 games to, I still think we'll win it. When the pressure builds, it does strange things and we've proven we can do it.

COME ON CITY!!!

Ok performance but ....

Of the 3 challengers for the title I think we seem the weakest, the least likely, the most distracted, the least exciting, the least interested, the laziest, .... and yet if we keep getting boring wins we could just do it. In the meantime maybe the cup games will inject some inspiration.

We can't be that much worse. The other two couldn't beat us recently...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.