Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

We really do look a more fluid team without Haaland in it. Also Phil plays better in the central role that KDB usually plays. I'm not in anyway writing these 2 great players off, as they are both our best match winners, however it is a conundrum for Pep to get the best out of the team.
Absolutely a conundrum for Pep. The interplay around and in their box was breath taking tonight with Rodri ,Phil ,Doku ,Alvarez and Lewis all making great little runs and touches. Haaland is nowhere near that level of passing or workrate. We won the ball back so much more as we pressed them.

Alright for 20 mins. Good for 25 mins. Flat for 20 mins. Alright for 25 mins.

Thanks Phil.

Foden and Rodri. What more can you say about them.. WOW.

Gvardiol has been playing very well lately in general and had another excellent game.

I think Jack played fairly well but he really just lacks a killer instinct these days. He had an amazing opportunity to shoot late on and decided to backheel it to Alvarez. It was a decent link-up but when you are 8 yards from goal with the ball, you've got to be thinking shoot. And I just don't think he ever is any more.. frustrating.

Very good game by Ortega, had some key stops. Thought his distribution was much better than vs Arsenal as well where he just kept inviting pressure on the team for whatever reason.

Little bit suspect on the counter but otherwise such a good performance. Boxed them in, tried to create chances and could have had a few more.

Got to say, he might have had no goals or assists but Grealish was fantastic and showed us just what we have been missing. Always wide for the switch of play always causing problems and tying their defence up and otherwise keeping the ball and keeping things ticking.

Foden in the middle equals goals.

Nice to play a team who did try to have a go when they got the ball , which was their undoing in the end , we had the opportunity to rack up a few goals in the last 20 minutes , but a good three points against a team chasing Champs league football.
We need to take Palace apart on Saturday and keep the momentum going , lets see how the Dippers & Goons cope with the pressure when the chips are down , the Goons players have never won a title and a lot of the Dipper players have never won one either but we have serial winners amongst our squad , the media can write us off at their peril , seen it , done it , got the T-shirt.

Pep not totally happy I’d say,mentioned about villa in transastion a few times and dangerous attacks I’m sure he’ll be doing all to correct it for Saturday at palace ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.