Cole Palmer

I've seen a lot of people saying things like "imagine if he had a decent group of players around him."

... He literally played for the best team on the planet and never got anywhere near these numbers. He still wouldn't be getting near them now.

Being a big fish in a small pond is flattering.
He is far, far, more than big fish etc..Chelsea are not a small pond - with owner and media spotlight, also that hattrick last might (pen aside) all quality, read the ball well for rebound, quick thinking chip, and to me goal of the season so far. He made that all himself, I think he would thrived with us, such a technically gifted player - imagine seeing him score four like that for us...that first was made when he was marked 30 yds out, so hardly giving him more room than he would have had a City. squared defender up ..megs..than audacious 1 - 2 create and quick think, then a sublime finish. For any football fan that was some goal

The only possible silver lining is Bobb looks just as good. Pep needs to give him enough game time for him to stick around though.
Bobb looks decent, but I’m not sure how you can compare them or say he looks just as good. Palmers joint top goal scorer in the league and one of the highest for assists as well. Bobb has barely played.

Maybe in a few years, but right now palmer is way ahead and is proving it every week.

Correct. If we were playing the Champions League final on saturday, and we had a 100% fully fit squad available, including Palmer, does he get in the XI; yes, or no? As for "well; he'd be handy to have on the bench"? He wanted more game time.

Of course, he isn't ready for that, but perhaps when KDB retires in a year or two, we could've had the prospect of a Foden-Palmer academy combo assisting and scoring goals from the No.8 positions. What a sight that would be. Anyway, it's over and I've cried enough already, so probably better I'll leave this thread for good.

He is far, far, more than big fish etc..Chelsea are not a small pond - with owner and media spotlight, also that hattrick last might (pen aside) all quality, read the ball well for rebound, quick thinking chip, and to me goal of the season so far. He made that all himself, I think he would thrived with us, such a technically gifted player - imagine seeing him score four like that for us...that first was made when he was marked 30 yds out, so hardly giving him more room than he would have had a City. squared defender up ..megs..than audacious 1 - 2 create and quick think, then a sublime finish. For any football fan that was some goal
im still trying to figure out how pickford didnt save the first one, it was nowhere near right in the corner, it wasnt viciously struck, i can only think he was unsighted but he still should have got to it.

Bobb looks decent, but I’m not sure how you can compare them or say he looks just as good. Palmers joint top goal scorer in the league and one of the highest for assists as well. Bobb has barely played.

Maybe in a few years, but right now palmer is way ahead and is proving it every week.
10 penalties ffs

Cole was a natural successor for Mahrez on RW. I think it was a pre-season and Pep’s brain farts what made him leave. After spending few seasons with patience and respect for the team - with his talent he deserved a sign for Pep he will be more involved. He didn’t get it and he left.

Now we play Alvarez on RW. As a baller he can’t clean Cole’s boots.

He's gone - the Utd kit wearing ex City player.

He'll be banging in goals against us every time he can

Every time he scores, the fanboys come out. Are the Chelsea forums as obsessed with him?
Because he has quite a unique talent - sort of Alan Hudson, Frank Worthington type from the golden era of creativity. Palmer is a bit audacious, makes it a great game to watch - he scored a couple of crackers last night and the rebound was well read... he will become some player - very, very talented - not just a McAtee type who couldn't quite make it - he has been a star all through the International youth levels as well. Sad to see him gone - bigger miss I imagine in years to come when we look for a mercurial type to score goals out of nothing against low blocks etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.