Rishi Sunak

It's an odd concept in the future 63 year old puffing away 62 year old old says give us a fag mate, sorry laddy you're too young.

so you think in what - in 36 years time someone will still be spending massive amounts on a pack of cigs will still be smoking and someone who has never smoked will not understand the damage smoking does and think
"hey I think I need to take up smoking because at my age I have missed out" ?

Sorry but anyone thinking along these lines - and I have seen plenty of Tory MP's adopting this line today - is utter bollocks. If enforced this law will have its intended results. You are using an argument that failed when breathalysers were brought in and when smoking in public buildings was.

so you think in what - in 36 years time someone will still be spending massive amounts on a pack of cigs will still be smoking and someone who has never smoked will not understand the damage smoking does and think
"hey I think I need to take up smoking because at my age I have missed out" ?

Sorry but anyone thinking along these lines - and I have seen plenty of Tory MP's adopting this line today - is utter bollocks. If enforced this law will have its intended results. You are using an argument that failed when breathalysers were brought in and when smoking in public buildings was.

I am saying neither of those things, im saying having a policy where you can smoke at one age and not another as an adult is daft and unworkable. Everybody knows smoking is bad, everybody knows smoking is very expensive. A bit like alcohol really. We are also aware of the dangers of certain foods.

Maybe we can have a 25 year old nicely pissed and eating a kebab and a 24 year old on Earl Grey munching on a carrot.

Last edited:
Usual PMQ performance

Digs at Raynor avoiding tax and the the obligatory 'But Corbyn!' references.

That was just the first 2 questions!
Starmer seemed to quite enjoy watching Sunak avoid answering questions.

You can tell there are local elections coming up, Conservative MP after another asking Sunak to sneer at local politicians.

Isn’t it just trying to remove tobacco products, rather than banning it altogether?

The tax angle is an interesting one though.

I don’t disagree with your sentiment and would look at making cheap food less unhealthy too.

The age thing just means anyone born in 2009 onwards should never get access to tobacco products. Should being the operative word.
Stop the Smokes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.