North Stand Expansion

Family tickets all around would be better imo. When I was a kid I learnt how to support the team from the adults around me as it was way before family stands.
Gangs of kids eating sweets maybe taken along by a half interested parent don't really add much imo.

Exactly, and there was a lot more violence about back then for a lot of us to contend with. You don't need a family stand these days, you just need to ensure families can afford to come by pricing it appropriately.

Family tickets all around would be better imo. When I was a kid I learnt how to support the team from the adults around me as it was way before family stands.
Gangs of kids eating sweets maybe taken along by a half interested parent don't really add much imo.
Not a bad shout …I have tickets in SS2 but the problem is getting tickets for the youngsters - all the seats are taken so how do you get them in ? They are the future ……
Hoping some fans move to new NS so seats in SS come available and I could grab extra STs for young ones

Well one of the issues I've seen is, it's a lot of moms and sons (normally because the dads support one of the cartel clubs and refuse to go) and they seem to get really vexed when people stand up around them when something happens on the pitch.

Well one of the issues I've seen is, it's a lot of moms and sons (normally because the dads support one of the cartel clubs and refuse to go) and they seem to get really vexed when people stand up around them when something happens on the pitch.
Not where my regular seat is but noticed a lot of mums when I've moved seats for a cup game.
Great they bring their kids but from what I've seen they don't really get that involved and maybe they'd enjoy it more mingled with the regulars. That acceptance from the adults really makes you feel part of it I used to find.

The club need to discuss this strategy now and see what people would like to see. In my mind you don't need a family stand, but you do need appropriate pricing for families to come to games and this is securing our future fan base. The new North Stand needs to be attractive to those who want to sing and make an atmosphere, and tickets will then open up elsewhere in the stadium and those in the family stand should be financially compensated for moving. They should have their current price (or price at the time) honoured wherever they move to, unless it's cheaper.

I don't think you have to completely exclude kids from the new stand, but I don't think we need a dedicated family stand.

I might be on my own with this one though - and that's why the club need to start talking about what fans want. It may actually be a more common opinion amongst fans that they want a family stand over a home end, who knows!
I’ve said it for a while now, with the sterilised atmosphere in stadiums nowadays, there really isn’t need for dedicated family sections anymore. Just price it so that families can afford to come and sit them anywhere in the stadium.

I’ve said it for a while now, with the sterilised atmosphere in stadiums nowadays, there really isn’t need for dedicated family sections anymore. Just price it so that families can afford to come and sit them anywhere in the stadium.
I agree.

For that to happen the club will have to put 2, 3, 4 or even 5 seats aside together across the stadium with no guarantee the seats will sell 'at the current and future adult and under 18 ticket prices'. The only way the club are going to do that and sell the seats is a via discounted family bundle, meaning the club are getting less match day revenue from those seats, which is something the club doesn't want to do.

Not where my regular seat is but noticed a lot of mums when I've moved seats for a cup game.
Great they bring their kids but from what I've seen they don't really get that involved and maybe they'd enjoy it more mingled with the regulars. That acceptance from the adults really makes you feel part of it I used to find.
Single mums you say, interesting

I agree.

For that to happen the club will have to put 2, 3, 4 or even 5 seats aside together across the stadium with no guarantee the seats will sell 'at the current and future adult and under 18 ticket prices'. The only way the club are going to do that and sell the seats is a via discounted family bundle, meaning the club are getting less match day revenue from those seats, which is something the club doesn't want to do.
Exactly, and back to square one we go.

I agree.

@Alex - City Matters - it would be really useful if you could get any information from the club on their proposed strategy for ticketing in the NS once completed.

In my opinion the club should be treating the whole of the NS as a blank canvas, but appreciate many in NSL1 may not be happy with that idea.

I'd market the NSL2 as the priority area with cheaper tickets to incentivise the singers to move in and would try and get 1894 to help coordinate. We're looking at circa 8,000 new seats so if we can get a similar number moving into the stand thanks to attractive pricing, then that provides more than enough room elsewhere in the stadium for groups of families to sit together.

They should also be incentivised for having to move, with fair priced tickets and not be looking at paying more.

Anything remaining can then be offered as new season tickets or matchday tickets.

This all comes down to pricing. As a fanbase we want a good atmosphere but I find as a fanbase we will allow a lot of things to get in the way of that. A lot want to stay near the away fans. But cheaper tickets will get a lot willing to move, and this is going to take a joint effort between fans and the club to be a success. The South Stand L3 was £299 season tickets when it opened so they did look to incentivise people to move there, there's no reason they can't do it with the North Stand and finally deliver a proper home end under the roof. But fans are going to have to get on board too.

Moms? Not from Manchester then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.